Thread: Commanded TCC Slip - looks like signal noise at times, not set to command

Commanded TCC Slip - looks like signal noise at times, not set to command

Check out the attachment:

TCC cmd slip noise.PNG

Randomly I get some odd commanded TCC slip values. I am commanding zero but the signal looks like higher frequency noise.

Anyone had any issues with this or seen it? Not sure if it is a scanner issue or what.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    I have no idea on why the commanded slip is not doing what it is told. But on another note, it still looks like you are getting slip and the tcc pressure is pretty low. I would bump it up a bit. However, for the sake of honesty and transparency, I have to admit that I am on a mission to eradicate tcc slip (except while engaging and disengaging) from the planet.

I reflashed the TCM just to be sure and there was also an update to the beta.

The TCC slips at the throttle transitions. I had set zero slip but at low speed I was not happy with the feel of it.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Have you tried raising the tcc pressure ramp table in the 0-20 rpm columns?

I haven’t had a need to really. The issue is the commanded is freaking out in the log. I am happy with the lockup rates. The only thing I did to the pressure table was improve some of the transition ramps.

The scales are not the same in that picture. Actual and command line up well cruising and with subtle throttle changes. I separated the scales to make it easier to see. TCC slip was a good indicator of when I was having some cold start low load/throttle issues which felt like a miss.

Senior Tuner
    I disabled converter lockup for 1-6 gears. Only lock in 7 and 8th. Drives much nicer.

Tuner in Training
    I've raised my TCC Apply up about 6 Mph for each gear so that it doesn't interfere as much with V8 to V4 transition in part throttle. I also disabled lockup completely in 1st and 2nd gear.

From what I see this is due to the AC clutch coming on and off. I think there is a min TCC slip with the AC on we can't see.

Can someone else take a look next time you log and confirm? I know the 6 speed has a min TCC slip with the AC on. I don't see it in the 8 speed. I contacted support.6 speed min tcc slip 3 rpm ac.PNG