Thread: 4L80E Full Throttle VS Partial Throttle table commanding different trans solenoids?

4L80E Full Throttle VS Partial Throttle table commanding different trans solenoids?

Is there a difference in what the trans is commanding between using the Full throttle shift tables and the partial throttle shift tables? The partial throttle has a 100% column (full throttle?) but is that commanding the same solenoids as the full throttle tables?

Yes the WOT tables use the same shift solenoids as the part throttle shifts.

The WOT tables take over and override the part throttle tables once the TPS % is exceeded. Also the WOT MPH tables you can leave stock and just change the WOT RPM tables because depending on the ECU one may take priority over the other.

Ok well here is the issue, the only way I could get my 4l80e tahoe to shift at WOT in first was to disable the WOT tables. I stepped mph and rpm down until 500 rpm and 5 mph, while stepping down I also matched the 100% column in the part throttle tables. So if it really is just referencing the different tables, why would it not shift? It seems there is something else tied into the WOT strategy, I am just not sure if we can see it.