Thread: VCM Editor cannot complete a vehicle read with windows 8.1.

Potential Tuner

VCM Editor cannot complete a vehicle read with windows 8.1.

Purchased a MPVI2 last week and installed VCM Suite onto a laptop using Windows 8.1. All seems ok until I try to open the sample tunes in the Editor and comes back with "VCM Editor stopped working" and closes the Editor. (See attached screenshot)
    Ok so I try to flash, read a supported vehicle and gathers vehicle info and reads the controllers, goes through the whole download and at the very last step just before it ask to save the file it comes up with an error box "Unhandled exception has occured in your application" (See screenshot attached) if I continue I can save the file but cannot open it. "Invalid file error".
    What Ive tried:
    Another supported vehicle same as above
    Uninstalling VCM Suite and drivers 9 times no change
    Updating Windows 8.1
    Retrying both vehicles no change
    Uninstalling VCM Suite another 3 times no change

Logged a ticket with VCM Support (As im in Australia that is HP Tuners support goto). They have been great have sent all details and log files, but we are now at try another laptop.
    So I thought I would try here first! Im almost a week into this and just about at my wits end with it.

The Scanner part of the VCM Suite seems to work fine!!!!!!!

Im almost sure it is a Windows issue but any HELP would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner

Update Unequalled Exception Error

Just thought I would update after finding Clshort's post on exactly the same error (UNHANDLED EXCEPTION), so Ive tried his fix and while it is the same error it did not fix it with my MVPI2.
    Last edited by Enigma Mech; 06-28-2019 at 05:06 PM.