Thread: Pontiac G8 more cam lope

Tuner in Training

Pontiac G8 more cam lope

I have a Pontiac g8 gt with a btr stage 2 cam and it just doesn?t sound as good as some others that I have heard with the same cam so how can I make it lope a little more? I have heard of people changing the adaptive idle but what should I change it to?

Tuner in Training
    G8.Tune.hpt this is what i currently have

Tuner in Training
    that's all ive ever changed the idle adaptive spark control to make it sound like it has more of a cam. yours isn't too much different than mine.

Tuner in Training
    How much did you change yours

Tuner in Training
    look at this file, also did you tune this? or have it tuned by someone?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by G8GTNOOBIE; 06-28-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Tuner in Training
    It was tuned by someone else but I?m slowly learning and want to tune it myself

Tuner in Training
    oh ok gotcha. its in maf only mode currently and the high and low octane tables are the same. there's lots to learn!! ive been at this a while messing with my car I don't post much I usually just read threads lol

Tuner in Training
    I don?t know anything about tuning does that one look decent it was done by a guy that seemed like he didn?t know much

Tuner in Training
    just looking at it a little bit it seems ok. I mean I wouldn't have both high and low octane the same. he has it in maf only which isn't really a problem lots of shops do it so they get done faster. I would log it and drive around normal and do a couple passes to look at the data. hopefully someone smarter than me can chime in

Quote Originally Posted by G8GTNOOBIE View Post
    oh ok gotcha. its in maf only mode currently and the high and low octane tables are the same. there's lots to learn!! ive been at this a while messing with my car I don't post much I usually just read threads lol
    I would definitely change the low octane side of the table for sure. I'm Not a fan of matching the tables unless its done during tuning only. You never know if you will ever get a batch of BAD gas. I use the low octane table as a safety blanket
    Calibrator By Day, Student of the Game at Night.
    www.LSXedit.com

Want to Learn Hands On? I Offer Remote Tuning Email Me at [email protected]

TEO TUNED
    You Can View Most of my Library on Instagram
    Website Coming Soon...

INSTAGRAM: @TEOTUNED

I would smooth out the Overspeed / Underspeed Tables....and Lower the idle to get the Cam Chop You are looking for. Factory values in the overspeed underspeed are too aggressive for an aftermarket cam and will cause the timing to go up and down like a SAWTOOTH. Post the file and ill see what I can do.
    Calibrator By Day, Student of the Game at Night.
    www.LSXedit.com

Want to Learn Hands On? I Offer Remote Tuning Email Me at [email protected]

TEO TUNED
    You Can View Most of my Library on Instagram
    Website Coming Soon...

INSTAGRAM: @TEOTUNED