Thread: 2000 GTP ----need LC-1 Wideband Config

2000 GTP ----need AFR Error help

At my wits end. I upgraded to MPVI 2 and the latest version of HP Tuners Suite. I used a Serial Cable and Suite version 2.24 for years, with a LC-1 wideband reading thru the EGR .5 volts.

I cannot get my wideband to scan/log with the new setup. Does anyone have a Config setup using an LC-1 wideband that reads thru the EGR on a 2000 GTP with the new MPVI 2??

Really need some help.

Update::: My wideband works in the graph, charts, and gauges, but it disappears from my channel list when I start scanning. I have no clue.
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 12-12-2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: updated
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Making 3 threads doesn't really help you any, but anyway.

How many youtube video's have you watch on this?

Nothing has to be application specific, there are several video's using the V8 cars/trucks that show how to setup the EGR to read the wideband.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDyiq3A5MIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_2M2uGSKs
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

After fussing and fighting with this new software for 2 days, I finally got some things to actually work in the Scanner Graph. I can monitor LTFT, and my LC-1 Wideband, but I have not conquered the AFR ERROR Graph.

When I run the Scanner, my AFR Error graph shows that part of it is working. By this I mean the blue box moves around the Graph, but there are NO NUMBERS in the boxes.

I am going to Post a copy of my Scanning Config, and hopefully someone will look at it and find what I am doing wrong.

The file I attached doesn't look right.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 06-30-2019 at 09:47 AM.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Tuner in Training
    I have my aem wb working through egr. All you need to do is make sure that "egr volts" is in your channels. You don't need the LC-1 in channels. Then all you do is tweak the offset in your user defined maths you made for the wideband.

I can share my config later if u need it. I'm tuning an 01 top swapped Impala.

Quote Originally Posted by bandook View Post
    I have my aem wb working through egr. All you need to do is make sure that "egr volts" is in your channels. You don't need the LC-1 in channels. Then all you do is tweak the offset in your user defined maths you made for the wideband.

I can share my config later if u need it. I'm tuning an 01 top swapped Impala.

I have EGR volts reading in my channels. I have my LC-1 in channels too, but it disappears when I start scanning. I can't get the AFR ERROR graph to work.

The LC-1 is not required because you are using the EGR to interface the wideband. That is why it goes away, it can't be used.

The AFR error graph will be using the EGR sensor. The second video I posted shows how you'd set that up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I have watched the second video multiple times, and followed the instructions to the letter. The data box moves left and right on my graph, but no numbers are indicated in the boxes. Lost as to what I should do.

Quote Originally Posted by coachcrow56 View Post
    I have watched the second video multiple times, and followed the instructions to the letter. The data box moves left and right on my graph, but no numbers are indicated in the boxes. Lost as to what I should do.
    You need to change the font color for the graph I'm guessing. Then the numbers will appear.
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Tuner in Training
    Post your maths for afr. I'm guessing something is off there.

Changing the font color for the graphs did not do anything. Numbers do not show in the AFR graph. I am attaching my Layout and a Scan from today. Maybe somebody can correct what is wrong with my Layout and why the AFR ERROR do not show.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by coachcrow56 View Post
    Changing the font color for the graphs did not do anything. Numbers do not show in the AFR graph. I am attaching my Layout and a Scan from today. Maybe somebody can correct what is wrong with my Layout and why the AFR ERROR do not show.

I see numbers. Maybe u have the wrong maths? Here are mine:

Maybe try reinstalling the scanner?

Tuner in Training
    you ever get yours figured out? fighting the same issue histogram numbers missing egr is reading in volts only about to pull my hair out

My LC-1 wideband readings work, but I have no luck with AFR ERROR---gave up