Thread: 14 5.3 it was already tuned! Worked Good/Cant Find the problem NOW!

Tuner in Training

Question 14 5.3 it was already tuned! Worked Good/Cant Find the problem NOW!

whats up guys? Im New To Tuning & I had my truck tuned already, but when I purchased HPTuners and installed the MPVI2 it started messing up...idk if it was me that moved something from the other tuned file,
    now I Floor it from a 25 or 30 roll, it starts messing up, it goes into 2nd gear but stays kind of overrevving on 1st Gear
    ANY HELP!! OR ADVICE!!??

Slowass4dr tuned file.hpt25 w thaul.hpl

It's not a good idea to max out the peak torque torque mngt table.

I would put it back to stock if the engine is stock, or very close to stock if the engine is slightly modded. Torque is everything on these trucks, you screw with the torque model the wrong way, everything get screwed up.

That tune isn't very well done, several changes shouldn't have been made or make zero sense in why they did it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I forgot to put my mods lol...
    5.3 headers, cai, lt1/l86 cam
    & I mean It was working good I have been gapping other trucks but now that u tell me, what else do u recommend? or what other changes should I make on the tune?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

I would put it back to stock if the engine is stock, or very close to stock if the engine is slightly modded. Torque is everything on these trucks, you screw with the torque model the wrong way, everything get screwed up.

That tune isn't very well done, several changes shouldn't have been made or make zero sense in why they did it.
    Some Pointers on how to tune the correct way?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

I tried shifting manually and it worked out good! it didn't make the rpms dance,& it was with traction control on, What do u think it could be?
    I retried with towhaul & traction off and it did the same overrevving thing...

It's not easy to just say do this and do that when they are the most advanced controllers out there. This is not going to be easy to learn with.

Like I said, you should probably return your peak torque tm table back to stock, then add like 10% because of the camshaft change.

Get a wideband o2 sensor and make sure the airflow model is good. Those being the MAF airflow curve and the virtual VE tables that control fueling.

I'd also return some of your spark advance and knock retard tables back to stock. For sure the base minimum spark, you want the computer to be able to pull timing out, which takes power out and allows the transmission to shift gears smoothly. If anything allow the computer to go back to 0 degrees of timing.

The knock recovery rate table should not be set to 10.00 for every cell, go back to stock with that too.

Both high/low octane timing table should never match each other, they need to have different values in them. The factory calibration use less timing in the low octane, like the name says. The idea is that in a knock event, it will use the knock learn factor to pick a timing value between the high octane table and the low octane table until the KLF returns to normal. Most will copy the high to the low after creating the timing curve they want and subtract 3-5 degrees from the low.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info bro! How do i go back to 0 degree of timing? Im leaving everything u told me stock bro