Thread: editor crashing during write

Angry editor crashing during write

just as the title says, editor keeps crashing during a write. sometimes right as soon as i click on write, other times it will get all the way to like 98% and crash. it gives me the little thinking circle on my laptop right before editor closes completely. this problem left me stranded on the side of the road for nearly 5 hours in 90 degree weather the other day. i tried absolutely everything. updated all software, even went to beta, it updated the firmware on my mpvi. i tried restarting the computer, i disconnected the cable from the obd and the computer, plugged it into the obd port before the usb and vice versa. i disconnected the battery in the truck a million times, turned the key a million times, i even went as far as completely removing the pcm and reinstalling it. after what seemed like a lifetime of swearing, throwing random items and empty pop bottles across the highway, clicking the write button and praying the tune would load, it finally loaded. this is the 2nd time its done this to me on the same vehicle. also, sometimes the error code "unlocker timed out" or whatever would come up. when it does this i get a no start condition and the mpvi wont read, write, scan, nothing. truck is a 2001 silverado, p01 (0411)pcm. any thoughts guys? i absolutely need to get this truck tuned to make it to a local event and now im scared to even try to load a new tune.
    "drive fast, take chances"
    "never let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big"

I have had that happen and at least on my old truck, the problem was flashing after the key has been on to long. Before writing, turn off key, open door, wait 5 seconds, turn key on and flash it. I do that with every vehicle now just in case and haven't had any issues since.

Tuner in Training
    Any luck figuring out what to do I have the same problem

well i hope that works lol. im about to try to load a tune in about 5 minutes. luckily im at home in my driveway so only the neighbors have to deal with my small freakout if it goes wrong! lol. i did get a good log out of it yesterday afternoon, so maybe itll go well loading the tune haha. who knows. ill update in a few minutes. i read somewhere that if it does that, unhooking the battery for a few hours has solved it for a couple people.

well it took a tune. flawlessly. only to decide to empty all 6 quarts of oil onto the ground below it via a ruptured oil cooler line as it was warming up. i caught it in time luckily. oil pressure was just starting to hover down to zero. just cant win with this thing. i just want to drive man!