Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P0098 Roush tune with VMP GEN2R

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    VMP harness connected to OEM MAF/IAT - MCT switch disabled.
    Roush harness/IAT sensor, MCT switch enabled.

For those who recommend just cut pins in maf and wire it to Roush IAT sensor, looks they never did that. MCT connected IAT, like Roush is DIFFERENT resistance than OEM maf IAT sensor! Thats why you need to buy IAT from VMP or any other automotive shop if you know exact value needed, it costs 10USD.
    Took me a while to dig into your enklish.

You can use both actually - no need to swap anything if you know what you are doing. Everything is doable in tune.

You can't cut pins or at least I can't imagine cutting pins - you can cut wires or swap pins which I did and it works.

No need to shout, we can hear you.

Tuner
    Thanks...

To clarify, of course it's doable, but with proper IAT calibration. Somebody could understand it's just plug 2 cables to MAF.
    For long time tables with IAT and MCT transfer were not available, so for around 2 years it was not possible to even try this.
    To make it correct, it's needed to have real temperature range from -40 to 150 degC to create proper calibration (who has it available?). Copying MCT calibraiton to IAT won't work, so it's not easy and for most not worth hassle when you can buy VMP pnp ACT or 10usd ACT sensor (Around 30kohm@25degC) used in 05-09 Mustangs plus 2 own wires. Here's example why just copy of MCT calibration won't work if anybody would try that.

Stock IAT +25degc
    01. stock IAT.jpg

Roush IAT connected to MAF pin 2 and 4 with original IAT transfer function -34 degC
    03. roush stock IAT transfer.jpg

Roush IAT with Roush MCT transfer function connected to MAF pin 2 and 4 -23 degC
    04. Roush IAT MCT .jpg

Roush MCT transfer function
    02. mct tranfer.jpg
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Advanced Tuner
    Last edited by txcharlie; 10-18-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So whats the verdict on the fix for this? I have the same issue, a 16 GT with Roush calibration but it has the VMP IAT2 harness and I cant for the life of me figure out the right configuration to make it work correctly.

JJ

If you have VMP sensor, which is same resistance as sensor in maf, just disable mct switch in engine diag
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl