Thread: 97/98 LS1 Corvette PCM swap

Tuner in Training

97/98 LS1 Corvette PCM swap

Hi Team

We have been asked to help out with a PCM swap for a 97/98 LS1 Corvette, we will be replacing with a 2001 Holden LS1 PCM (Serv No 12200411), this is due to PCM failures whilst using HP tuners (yes I have notified support, whom have no answers for me unfortunately)

I have pinouts already

I have attached the standard 97/98 tune, does any one have any info as to what Year/OS tune we need to write to the newer 411 PCM to carry out this conversion

I have tried doing a write entire of the 97/98 OS to the newer 411 pcm, it does not work at all

Any info would be much appreciated

Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    most use the 2002 LS6 Corvette tune file

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dynotech View Post

I have tried doing a write entire of the 97/98 OS to the newer 411 pcm, it does not work at all

Phil
    If you really tried that don't attempt any more writing until you have a lot better understanding of how this all works.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    If you really tried that don't attempt any more writing until you have a lot better understanding of how this all works.
    Thanks for your reply.

Rest assured i did this on advice from hp tuners support team, which obviously is incorrect

Do you have any input or relevant file to help?

Thanks
    Last edited by dynotech; 07-01-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mild7 View Post
    most use the 2002 LS6 Corvette tune file

Thanks

Do you have a copy of said file or OS number?

Thanks

Tuner
    I actually have a 1998 LS1 Firebird PCM in my garage if you need to get a replacement for the original.

If you are still going the 0411 swap route, you should be able to use any of the Holden Commodore 00-02 LS1b tunes for this.
    Once you have the OS on there, you can open the corvette file and copy and paste the spark/fuel values etc back over and make any changes needed manually.
    Might be a bit time consuming but I think that would do the job.

I have a fair few of the files somewhere at home when I was searching for a starting tune for my 0411PCM swap if you need one I can send.

Disclaimer: by no means an expert, most other guys here would be better suited to answer the questions, but as an aussie I might know a thing or two about the commodores the others don't

Tuner in Training
    Much appreciated

If you wouldn’t mind sending to [email protected]

We are using a vx ecu

Quote Originally Posted by evilstuie View Post
    I actually have a 1998 LS1 Firebird PCM in my garage if you need to get a replacement for the original.

If you are still going the 0411 swap route, you should be able to use any of the Holden Commodore 00-02 LS1b tunes for this.
    Once you have the OS on there, you can open the corvette file and copy and paste the spark/fuel values etc back over and make any changes needed manually.
    Might be a bit time consuming but I think that would do the job.

I have a fair few of the files somewhere at home when I was searching for a starting tune for my 0411PCM swap if you need one I can send.

Disclaimer: by no means an expert, most other guys here would be better suited to answer the questions, but as an aussie I might know a thing or two about the commodores the others don't

Tuner
    No worries, 4L60E auto?

Tuner in Training
    Yes 4l60e

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilstuie View Post
    No worries, 4L60E auto?

Tuner
    Sorry dyno, been flat out with getting my car on the road and forgot about you LOL

Here's a VX commodore tune and a 99 camaro tune.

You could try either of these and then copy and paste your spark and fuel tables over and should be good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files