Thread: How to Transfer Ownership of a Complete HP Tuners MVPI-1 GM Pro Kit

Potential Tuner

How to Transfer Ownership of a Complete HP Tuners MVPI-1 GM Pro Kit

Greetings for my First Post at HP Tuners...

Good Day...

I recently purchased a Complete Pre-Owned HP Tuners MVPI-1 GM Pro Kit (Original Packaging with All Original Components) off of eBay. According to the Seller... this HPT Pro System came with (8) Original Credits and presently has (6) Credits Remaining. I have all of the Original Paper Work which includes the Instructions for Registration bearing the Serial Port Device Interface Number and the Application Key. My intention is to use the HPT Equipment and VCM Suite Product on my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L Vehicle. But... before I set up all of this Equipment and FUBAR "The Works" as soon as I begin using these things... I will need some answers to the following Questions in order to prevent my making any Mistakes:

(1) Will I have to "Re-Register" the Hardware Product Keys and Serial Number for this MVPI-1 Unit? If so ... Please drop a link to the Site Location with Instructions to comply with that procedure.
    (2) Are the (6) Remaining Credits nested INSIDE of the MVPI-1 Device... or are they strictly accessed On-Line and then assigned remotely by HP Tuners.com as needed?
    (3) I have an Identical Y2K Silverado ECM-PCM that I can update using my Complete GM "GYMKO" (General Motors Knock-Off) Tech 2 Scanner System in order to Clone an Identical VIN and SPS Configuration via TIS2000 to the ECM-PCM in my Truck. My intention is to "Work on the Bench" with the Identical Cloned ECM-PCM Unit and then use the dedicated Dell M65 Laptop with Windows XP Pro Ver. SPS 3 with the VCM Suite to create and massage "Tunes" ...and of course... I'd then like to then Load them into the Y2K Truck ECM-PCM. Will I require a minimum of (2) Credits for EACH ECM-PCM for purposes of Registration...or will I need to use just (2) Credits to accomplish what I have in mind to do?

I Paid a "Pretty Price" for this Complete Set-Up...and I would very much like to "Get off on the Right Foot"... Here at HP Tuners.com and not fall over the Edge into the "Tuner's Abyss" before I have even had a chance to get my feet wet with its use.

Thanks In Advance for Your Time and Replies...

MRRSM

-=Bob=-
    Last edited by MRRSM; 07-02-2019 at 01:31 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would suggest contacting support if you need assistance registering the interface. The licenses are stored on the interface but are app key dependent which you can retreive once you register your interface if your seller did not provide you with the app key.

https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-03-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

As Bill said, contact support for registering issues. Since youre in Tampa, Check out Phil at Tampa Tuning. While he is a tuner, he is very helpful and can probably answer all your questions locally for a small fee or free (that's up to him to decide anyways tell him Shawn from GFAB Tuning in Daytona referred you. Phil is very knowledgeable! goodluck

Potential Tuner
    Much Obliged to You for the Heads Up...

FWIW ... I have a Major Performance Upgrade Project for my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L ongoing over at GMT Nation and it is worth noting that HP Tuners has their own Sub-Forum there under the Tech 2 Section. Here are the two correlated links covering the Mechanical and PCM-ECM Tuning issues involved:

"Hoping... For Loping..."

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads...-loping.18519/

The HP Tuners Related Thread...

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads...nce-cam.19999/

Thanks Again... And this is a Memorable Comment meant for All Who Dwell at HP Tuners:

"So Shines A Good Deed... Upon a Weary World..."