Thread: VVE tuning question...

Advanced Tuner

VVE tuning question...

Greetings.

VVE (and Gen3 VE)... Since the fatory disables the "dynamic" airflow stuff at 4000 RPM, is it necessary to tune the entire VVE map (including WOT)? Does it help? If thats the case, can you set the dynamic disable to 8192 and be in "blended" mode all the time? Is there any benefit to this?

Thanks in advance.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    Anybody?
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Advanced Tuner
    A lot of the I4 and V6 stuff has the setting way up higher RPM than the V8 stuff. As far as a benefit or issues one way or the other, I haven't found one.

For tuning the VE models, ideally yes you want to fully do the VE and MAF in ALL areas of each table separately. With the gen4 and GMVE, you can back calculate the GMVE based on the MAF model and fill in the top end of the VE model if you like.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    A lot of the I4 and V6 stuff has the setting way up higher RPM than the V8 stuff. As far as a benefit or issues one way or the other, I haven't found one.

For tuning the VE models, ideally yes you want to fully do the VE and MAF in ALL areas of each table separately. With the gen4 and GMVE, you can back calculate the GMVE based on the MAF model and fill in the top end of the VE model if you like.
    Thanks for the info. As far as back calculating the GMVE based on the MAF model... How do you do that? Thats a new one for me. LOL

Advanced Tuner
    There's some threads on here about doing it. Also look up the redhardsupra blog where he discusses airmass models. Pretty Trick stuff if you can work the math out.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Advanced Tuner
    I read some of those threads and that blog. I now have a headache. LOL! Too bad that spreadsheet isnt available anymore...