Thread: Injector Tune?

Injector Tune?

Hi everyone, Although I am pretty handy with a wrench, I want to learn more about tuning. I have the injector specs that I installed in my '09 Mustang GT 4.6l V8. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some pointers based on my specs. What I should be changing and how I can avoid any 'gotchas'.

Thanks in advance!

specs.png
    VCM01.png
    VCM02.png
    VCM03.png
    VCM04.png
    VCM05.png
    VCM06.png

Advanced Tuner
    You can avoid any gotcha by buying injectors that come with plug and play data for the vehicle. Like Injector Dynamics, Fuel Injector Clinic, Fuel Injector Development, etc.

The "data" you were given may be good enough to plug into a standalone like a holley or megasquirt, but not a Ford factory fuel model.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Thanks for the reply. So basically I'm screwed unless I purchase another set of injectors to replace the set I just bought and installed?

Advanced Tuner
    idk if I would say screwed, just learning the lesson to not buy ebay injectors for a factory controller.

Without knowing what they look like or what these are likely a knockoff of, hard to give you something to try. you might have luck going with the 30lb red ford racing injector data.. but likely being a knockoff china special this may not work.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-b302.pdf

You need SAE injector data to be able to use it in Ford.

Gotcha! Thanks!! I may just purchase new injectors from Injector Dynamics. I am hoping that I can get these to limp along and stop drinking gas like a Slurpee until I can replace them.

Advanced Tuner
    What kind of mods are on the vehicle? If everything was good before the tune and now the injectors changed, that is likely the issue

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    What kind of mods are on the vehicle? If everything was good before the tune and now the injectors changed, that is likely the issue
    I had some performance problems on the injector side of the fence. Ultimately I did make the decision to replace them altogether. So far everything is OK with one exception, the mileage is totally in the toilet. for example, if my tank is on 50mi to E, it will be on E after about 20 - 25miles. Like I said, I have no problem replacing my injectors with something more 'plug and play' as mentioned, but I may not be able to do so for a couple of months due to other obligations so I am hoping to limp these along as long as possible until I can.

Advanced Tuner
    Try the injector info I posted in post 4.

Absolutely! Thanks!