Thread: A little help with fuel/spark cut after trans swap

Potential Tuner

A little help with fuel/spark cut after trans swap

I have a 2004 Colorado 3.5L with a turbo on it. It was originally a 4L60E truck, and I just swapped an AR5 manual in it. Everything seems fine, except now the truck wont rev past 5k rpms. My tuner was really flaky before, so I bought HP so I can tweak the tunes myself. I have a little tuning knowledge, but at the same point, I'm a newbie to this. Just looking for a little help/guidance to point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have a data log and I will attach the tune file if anyone can take a look at them for me.5k.hplColoradov1.0.hpt

I have no experience with this vehicle, but I would set this table to match your 6200 cutoff and see if it helps. Seems like this should fix it!

rev.png

I would also add a little fuel to PE, its set for 11.8, I would shoot for 11.3 area personally. Also, the timing seems pretty low!

Advanced Tuner
    Since you're running a manual, no PRDL input or anything, it's not sure what gear its in. So ass BYT mentioned, you've got to set all the limiters for park/neutral up to match gear.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I have no experience with this vehicle, but I would set this table to match your 6200 cutoff and see if it helps. Seems like this should fix it!

rev.png
    I feel like an idiot, I was in basic view so I didnt even see this adjustment, otherwise that would make sense. Anyway, thanks a ton for the help! I'm still tweaking the tune obviously, I recently switched to E85 so im still working on the timing trying to find the sweet spot.

Well, on E85 that Air Fuel should be good as long as you aren't running some insane amount of boost. But I would say the timing is a solid 10* off (again, considering a reasonable boost level)

Potential Tuner
    yeah I am only on 10psi of boost. So far it made 350hp and 350tq to the wheels. I want to try and squeeze 400 out of it. Ill try kicking the timing up a little and see what happens