Thread: 2006 Silverado 5.3l SS@ camshaft dead spot

Tuner in Training

2006 Silverado 5.3l SS@ camshaft dead spot

Okay all,

I have my 2006 silverado 5.3l sloppy stage 2 camshaft, no cats stock converter 89 octane fuel speed density tune.

I'm experiencing a "dead" spot on lite acceleration fuel trims will be around 12.5-13.0- then spike up to 17:1 and commanded jumps up to about 15. for a few seconds then comes back down and runs fine. I have attached the Data log file and the current Tune in the truck. problem occurs at the 7:14 mark of the data log

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Fairly new to HP tuners but have been able to do a lot to the truck with some good results on the street.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plug your rear o2 sensors back in. Zip tie them to the frame.

Looks exactly like the cat test that you can not disable with HP Tuners.

Also just a FYI, you are not in speed density. You still have the MAF working with that tune file. The MAF is not failed and is still using a MAF/VE blend at all times. Just raising the dynamic airflow setting to 12,000rpm only stops the computers ability to switch to MAF only, so instead it's running a blended tune the entire time. If you want this to be speed density only you will have to fail the MAF sensor correctly, then it will be running of the VE table only.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    5FDP can you explain how to fail the MAF sensor correctly? I have the passenger rear 02 in, but the not the drivers side as the wideband is in that port. I will have a bung welding for the wideband in the y pipe after the collector and put the other back in.

It doesn't have to be actually installed, just plug it in and zip tie it out of the way. The open circuit can cause the commanded AFR to drop down to 13 and then jump up to 15-16afr and back to stoich.

Set the MAF fail high under the engine diag tab to 0hz, then set all 3 MAF dtc codes to MIL on first error and uncheck the SES box if you don't want the engine light on. That will put it into speed density only and code P0103 should be present when reading the codes. You can also log the MAF sensor status I believe and it'll say something like no fail or failed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    sorry for the late response. I will get that done today before my trip. The rear 02 making the commanded AFR to change like that could really effect fueling!

Tuner in Training
    5fdp That corrected the "dead spot" can you take a look and see if there is a reason as to why I would have a hot soak stumble when I restart my truck unless I rev it up a bit or just let if find itself. starts and wants to stall out.