Thread: just got a tune , what does it look like to the pros?

Potential Tuner

just got a tune , what does it look like to the pros?

it goes very rich under light throttle on the highway. pulled to like 11 ish cant remember no boost and light throttle.
    also for making 8-9 psi they only quoted 300 torque, and 440 hp seems very low

tune and log attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your thresholds for power enrichment could be set differently if you don't want it to dip into PE on you all the time. Raise the PE map kpa from 70kpa up to 90kpa and raise your throttle percent HOT/COLD table from 30% to 50%. That should stop the part throttle fueling dips.

Having the fueling into the 11's is just fine, that is a good spot for boost.

You have other things causing the low power output. Look at your intake air temps, you are losing so much power there it's not even funny. One of your first pulls saw 200 degree intake air temps, that is like 80-100 degrees too high. Those IAT's are also making your timing suffer, the super low timing is killing power.

I hope your tuner at least said something about that. Your intercooler must be way too small it has absolutely zero airflow going through it.

If you can get the temps way down and get timing back up around 12-14 degrees on pump gas I bet it'll pick up a great deal of power.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    its a non ic vortec charger right now. plan to add a cooler, im fine with 11 on the boost side but I can drop into pe very easy on the highway and figure this will destroy my cruise economy being a daily driver.

Yeah, then just raise some the PE settings so it can't dip into power enrichment so easy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Stay tuned, going to retest. Little steps did 50 throttle and 80 kpa map.
    Last edited by Rideharder1; 07-03-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Potential Tuner
    50 throttle and 80 kpa
    pulled lots of timing on the top end this go
    Attached Files Attached Files

The intake temps are a killer when it comes to knock.

I can only hope you are running 91 or 93 octane fuel as well. With how hot the air temps are I'd even consider going to a richer air fuel ratio, something like 10.8 to 11.0.

I can't see what your real air fuel ratio is because the wideband isn't in the logs. Would be helpful too if you logged your injector information too. Also remove the 1 bar MAP channel, it's skewing the graphs/charts because there are 2 MAP channels being logged.

Potential Tuner
    it pulls to 11.0 on the dot on my wideband with 91 octane in the tank