Thread: Whipple

Advanced Tuner

Whipple

Im picking up a 2.9 whipple for my 15 charger scat pack this weekend and just curious if anyone has a tune i could look at to help with making the necessary changes for my car. I here alot of issues with the tune they give you from whipple as far as drive ability and would like to not have to deal with all that. Ive read several older post about these issues but was curious if anyone could help me out and get me going in a better direction. Not asking for a freebie tune or anything but some advise would be very helpful as im still learning and havent messed with anything boosted just some nitrous. My main concern is driveability as i do daily mine. Thanks in advanced The car is stock with exception of mid muffler delete. Also if anyone has the tune from Whipple they give you it would be helpful as im not sure i will be able to get it because im buying used.

2015 srt Base Whipple.hpt
    2015 srt whipple NN off.hpt
    2015 Jeep SRT Whipple 16xx AD.hpt

Some tunes I picked up along the way, don't know anything about them, just used to compare data.

Extreme caution is advised, more than one person has fragged their stock pistons with the whipple.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    Don't bother chasing whipples tune, it is beyond basic.
    Try third tune posted by Coanan, will make an ok starting point.
    Forget the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    2015 srt Base Whipple.hpt
    2015 srt whipple NN off.hpt
    2015 Jeep SRT Whipple 16xx AD.hpt

Some tunes I picked up along the way, don't know anything about them, just used to compare data.

Extreme caution is advised, more than one person has fragged their stock pistons with the whipple.

Advanced Tuner
    ive been told that also about the whipple tune which is why I asked, im just needing a basic tune to get it running and then I sort out some driveability and go from there being conservative with timing until I can get some dyno time. Thanks guys for the help and conan for the tunes. Im on vacation all week in myrtle beach so it will give me something to tinker with while I sit on the beach.

Good luck. I'm testing the limits of a stock BGE, so far I'm at 11.4 lbs boost. AFR 10.4 to 10.7
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Advanced Tuner
    Should I tune it with ann off?? Just gonna run 6# and conservative timing to make sure it last until I can upgrade rods and pistons. I noticed that most of those tune are with ann off, just want the best performance and make it last for now. If I can make 550 rwh I'd be happy

Quote Originally Posted by FstdodgeKY View Post
    Should I tune it with ann off?? Just gonna run 6# and conservative timing to make sure it last until I can upgrade rods and pistons. I noticed that most of those tune are with ann off, just want the best performance and make it last for now. If I can make 550 rwh I'd be happy
    I had to write my tune from scratch when I bought my whipple used and it was a great experience because it forces you to learn. I initially ran a non-forged 5.7 with meth (NA cam, I ported my heads, long tubes). I was able to hit 10.9 but no doubt that setup had more in it. My shifts were terrible and I had a dry rotted bbv elbow that kept boost from coming in until 4k in 1st. I did all my tuning with ANN off. The car is now a 6.2 with HC TB, HC cam, and 6.2 block.

Here are a few of the things I can think of, that I learned along the way:
    - Set up the MAP right in the Airflow and the Engine Diagnostics sections
    - Airflow is life in these cars: Hemituna has a great post on here about how airflow determines torque calculations and the car uses them all over the place. Don't be afraid to cut your TB airflow tables and corresponding small range/large range tables by a lot! Add a bigger TB (Hellcat with mmx adapter plate for example) is a fantastic upgrade with your whipple but scale back the airflow to make it drive nicely.
    - VVT Exhaust WOT and Part Throttle, watch your Exhaust Cam Center Pos and if your car stumbles as you gradually go into WOT, see if that cam position is struggling to go from a part throttle position of say 110* to a wot position of say 120* and flipping back and forth. I had to set my part throttle to mimic wot to get rid of that.
    - Trans: I keep torque management on in the engine and trans, raised up my ramp torque and slightly lowered the values in the torque reduction area and my shifts are fantastic now. I run a Dings valve body and I love how my trans acts now. Russ had offered me advice on the ramp toque and it really made a difference.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks man no doubt I've got a lot to learn but that's part of the fun. I've taken a few courses from hp academy. My biggest concern is just were to start. I've looked at the few tunes I've been given and have noticed major changes everywhere, I'm hoping just with some airflow changes, spark, and fueling I can get it driveable and slowly add to the tune to get it dialed in. Everyone here has been very helpful and I for one am greatly appreciated.