Thread: Please help scale a ZR1 map!

Tuner in Training

Please help scale a ZR1 map!

Hello everyone,

I am running into issues with a single turbo G8 (E38 pcm). I have the custom operating system for 2.5 bar VE and I'm using the common ZR1 map sensor. The issue is (I believe) my map values need some adjusting. I just noticed Barometric pressure is not reading accurate and boost pressure is displaying at least 3 psi higher than what my boost controller is seeing. I am concerned this will cause the sensor to peg prematurely and its obviously causing issues in the higher boost ranges when BE and PE come in. Can anyone give me some insight or explanation of both the MAP linear and Offset so I'm not chasing my tail trying to make these small adjustments? Attached is a copy of the tune (I am a rookie and it still needs much work) and my most recent log. Thank you for any help!

Advanced Tuner
    your settings are correct for the map, baro in your log shows 90kpa which could be correct depending on your altitude.
    Last edited by ZincGT; 07-05-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the response! My baro per local weather station was 102 kpa which had me concerned but also the difference in boost pressure between MAP kpa and my boost controller has me puzzled

Advanced Tuner
    i live in Denver we are typically 80-85 and sea level is around 100, so if you live in between those altitudes your map sensor is more then likely correct

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have "Supercharger Fitted" set to Yes? Just learned on my E38 that doing this automatically puts the baro at 90 kpa when I should be around 101. Just posted this here:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...rameters/page3