Thread: how to reverse firmware upgrade on MPVI with 4.4?

Advanced Tuner

how to reverse firmware upgrade on MPVI with 4.4?

Gents,

that thing drives me nuts. When going to 4.4 needed to read a certain Ford model the firmware upgrade happened and succeeded but i am now stuck with inoperable MPV1. It does not work with 4.4, randomly works when going back to 4.3 and absolutely will not work with 2.24

it is a MUST HAVE item to go back to older firmware as i MUST be able to use 2.24 for certain abroad customer which i have to support remotely.

is there a way beside buying a used MPV1 to go back to old firmware which worked just great, i have hundreds of credits on that thing

Tuner in Training
    did you find a solution?

I updated the beta last night, which updated my interface (MPV1) and i can no longer communicate with cars using the non beta version. Both beta and stable version both were working flawlessly untill this crap update. Has someone successfully reverted back to an older firmware?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xBoostx View Post
    I updated the beta last night, which updated my interface (MPV1) and i can no longer communicate with cars using the non beta version. Both beta and stable version both were working flawlessly untill this crap update. Has someone successfully reverted back to an older firmware?
    bump

Tuner in Training
    Any update on this?? Both of my interfaces stopped working after firmware update..

you can not go backwards on a firmware update...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Please open a support ticket which you can do here https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit