Thread: 4L60E shifting problem

Tuner in Training

4L60E shifting problem

I have a 1970 El Camino with a LS1 and a4L60E transmission and a 2002 Escalade computer .Since I am not proficient with the tuning program I have had 3 different programmers try to correct the issue. With that said the issue is when I am stopped in drive the transmission starts in first gear with no shifting problems. Once I stop and manually shift to first gear the transmission automatically starts in second gear. I have not been able to figure out the problem. I also tried a 2002 Avalanche computer but with the same program without any luck. Any help will be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Post the file
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

I've had this issue before. It wasn't PCM related, it was shifter/cable.
    Before smashing your head on the computer lol, check the shifter/cable as they are adjustable.

I also have a 70 El Camino with a 1999 5.3 liter truck motor LM7 (also an "LS") with a 4L60E and its original 896 PCM. I'm using a Lokar universal shifter linkage and mine shifts OK. What linkage are you running?

I will give you a copy of my original tune from the PCM and my modified tune if you think it will help for segment swap purposes. My modified tune only received the usual things to get the engine running and not much else was changed in the transmission part of the tune except for tire size and gear ratio.

Rick

Tuner in Training

4L60 E shifting problem

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    Post the file
    See attached file
    Thanks for the help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate it I will give it a try.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Been through that, double checked and triple checked. I also replaced the valve body still had the same issue
    Thanks

Tuner
    I looked at your downshift table transmission>shift scheduling>normal>2-1 downshift.. it's higher than your upshift, is that the problem ?
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Tuner in Training
    I hope this is correct

Ei Camino2-2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I hope this is correct

Ei Camino2-2.hpt

Tuner
    I can't see a change? 1-2 shift shows 11 in the 0 and 6 box
    2-1 shift shows 12 in row 0 and 6 box it should be lower at maybe 9 or 8 ?
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning