Thread: Can someone look in the tune repository for me?

Potential Tuner

Can someone look in the tune repository for me?

Before I jump head long into this, I'm looking to see if there are any 2005-2009 S197 Mustang 3V Centrifugal supercharger files available for download to look over and study. Since I don't own a HP tuner yet, I can't get into that section. I'm not asking you to post any actual files, just an idea what's available.

It might tip the scales to me doing nothing if all that's available is a single cai s197 3v file.

It's like, "hey, buy our product then see if there's any help available".

Advanced Tuner
    Not to sound like an ass, but trying to find files in the repository to base your work off of is like throwing it all on a single number at the roulette table. There's lots of BAD examples of how to tune out there.

You should have access to everything you need in the software to properly tune it. If you don't know what to do with it, there are a handful of companies out there with Ford tuning resources/guides as well as many knowledgeable people here. You can always post up what specific issues you're having if you need help.

In my experience over the years in the tuning industry, you're not going to get far or much help just asking for a base file to use to compare.

As far as the "buy our product then see if there's any help", that's like expecting the snap on man to tell you how to repair a car since he sells the tools to work on it. HP Tuners is simply a tool, it's on you to figure out how to utilize the tools to dial the car in.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Exactly.

You have no idea why somebody made changes that they did, and how well informed they were. Even the "Coyote Cookbook" is full of bad advice.

If you want to tune, become familiar with the concepts and only make changes that you fully understand, or are prepared to test for effect and revert if necessary.

Advanced Tuner
    To OP: I advise caution. The repo. is so experienced tuners can share tunes and information, not for beginners to use to learn on. If you try to apply someone else's settings to your own car, even if the car is identically modified.. it still could cost you an engine.

You need to be very careful especially with a supercharger! I would not use that as a test bed to learn on.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

No MPVI no repository - repo is a part of the deal.