Thread: E85 options?

Potential Tuner

E85 options?

Hey, scrub here, first time ls swapping and I'm trying to pick a pcm. I'm putting an lq4 in a mustang, I have the running gear out of an 01 yukon Denali. The pcm I have is Serv no 12200411 hdw no 09386530 which lucky for me is an IAC pcm(did no research before I hit u-pull-it). Im putting a fuel system together and don't know why I wouldn't just set this up for e85 but as far as I can tell the pre03 pcms can't drive a flex sensor. So my question is what are my options for e85? I need a 24x pcm with IAC and flex and ideally I'd like to retain my red/blue harness(just because I've already stripped it to it's essentials) but I am aware that might not be possible. (not really sure what the difference is between color connectors) I've done a bit of googling but still don't have an answer.

2002 Tahoe calibrations can run flex fuel, those are still P01 computers.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    2002 Tahoe calibrations can run flex fuel, those are still P01 computers.
    Ok I think you've pointed me in the correct direction. I looked into it a bit and I guess any p01 pcm can do flex with an 02 Tahoe cal, you just have to use pin 56 on the blue connecter and provide switched 12 volts and ground to the sensor. Thanks.