Thread: TBSS Turbo Startup Help

Tuner in Training

TBSS Turbo Startup Help

So on this build I am in a 06 with the E40 ECM, LeftCoast 32 4L80e TCM module. I have put in a 2Bar MAP so I think I found the place to change the MAP on Engine-Airflow-General Sensor Linear is 244.68 Linear B is 81.56 Offset is 10.21. Went to new style throttle body so not sure what I need to change for that. I will have to pull my old tune out since I had already done the LS7 MAF card style swap on it. Now for the injectors.....ID1050X......I was reading somewhere on the HPTuners Forum, to double the stoich and half the data I think instead of having to scale everything that was g/sec related etc etc. Then I have to wire in the FlexFuel sensor and start working through that, but at this point will just run 93 in it......I am trying to get it to at least start and idle some want to get oil pressure and check for leaks and sensor feed back and such. I changed the gearing for the transmission already as well since we did a 1/2 cluster swap.

I know to get help I need to post a file. In doing the OS upgrade for the 2bar map, everything should have carried over? I am going to post the prior and after 2bar patch and see if that works.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

There are no numbers in the boost ve table. Power enrichment needs to be changed to boost afr levels. No delay on PE, ramp in 2.000. Hi Octane Spark tables are too high at wot. Instead of 25 degrees, use 15 to start. Make the low octane table 4 degrees lower in case of knock.
    Do you have a return fuel system? For the larger injectors, double stoich, half ifr and half ivt terms(afr). What MAP sensor is that?
    You have to put in the data from ID on the injectors. Not sure why you are running a maf on a turbo.
    Injection timing--boundary--put back to 520 across until you get the tune sorted out. Your maf is failed in the tune so it is running on the ve tables only. Which is ok if they are correct.
    Do you have cats? COT is still enabled
    To get the boost ve table started, go to the primary ve table, copy the 105 kpa column. Go to the boost ve table and paste it in the 105 column. Go to the 255 column and paste it again, then with the 255 column highlighted, go up to the rectangle at the top and type in 1.20 and then click on the X. It will multiply that row by 20%. Highlight the whole table from 105 thru 255 and click on the interpolate between horizontal bounds. This will give you a table to start with. Do not go wot with this starter table. Just better than all zero's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 07-07-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    There are no numbers in the boost ve table. Power enrichment needs to be changed to boost afr levels. No delay on PE, ramp in 2.000. Hi Octane Spark tables are too high at wot. Instead of 25 degrees, use 15 to start. Make the low octane table 4 degrees lower in case of knock.
    Do you have a return fuel system? For the larger injectors, double stoich, half ifr and half ivt terms(afr). What MAP sensor is that?
    You have to put in the data from ID on the injectors. Not sure why you are running a maf on a turbo.
    Injection timing--boundary--put back to 520 across until you get the tune sorted out. Your maf is failed in the tune so it is running on the ve tables only. Which is ok if they are correct.
    Do you have cats? COT is still enabled
    To get the boost ve table started, go to the primary ve table, copy the 105 kpa column. Go to the boost ve table and paste it in the 105 column. Go to the 255 column and paste it again, then with the 255 column highlighted, go up to the rectangle at the top and type in 1.20 and then click on the X. It will multiply that row by 20%. Highlight the whole table from 105 thru 255 and click on the interpolate between horizontal bounds. This will give you a table to start with. Do not go wot with this starter table. Just better than all zero's.
    Ok, I am going to get these items done. The truck has gone to a turbo build before it was NA with a LS3 top end on a sbe LS2. The exhaust system that I have coming off of the turbo does not have any Cats installed. The MAP sensor is a custom one that came from DPE Corvette which is rechipped, it is actually a 2.5bar sensor. I am running a dual 450lph pump assembly, one is boost controlled on a pressure switch, that run -8 to fuel rails on the back, come off the front into an Aeromotive regulator and then a -6 return which will go to a flex fuel sensor with a bypass around it as well back to the tank. Trying to get this thing fired to an idle at least so everything can be checked for fluids and then start dialing it in.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort..
    Steve

Numbers for the DPE(Freescale/NXP) sensor are Linear 244.68, Linear B 81.56 (this is always just 1/3 of the Linear value on any sensor), Offset 10.21.

With a return regulator system your injector flow table will be flat all the way across, since the referenced reg always maintains the same pressure differential between the intake port and rail.

If your injectors are 114# at 58psi, the IFR would be 57 all the way across the table if you are using 58psi. Stoich will be 29.2 all the way across until you hook up the sensor. You need to use Lambda to set up your fueling correction table in scanner since you did the double/half method. Be sure and fill in the short pulse, offset, and vac tables from ID.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    So in the Excel sheet from ID for the short pulse adder, the items are not lining up so do I go through and grab the data that matches the headers and the interpolate horizontally through the ones that do not have the data?SPA ID.JPG
    SPA Actual.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by showelljr View Post
    So in the Excel sheet from ID for the short pulse adder, the items are not lining up so do I go through and grab the data that matches the headers and the interpolate horizontally through the ones that do not have the data?SPA ID.JPG
    SPA Actual.JPG
    increase the number of decimals of your axis in the table.. it'll line up with the top short pulse table in the spreadsheet.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    increase the number of decimals of your axis in the table.. it'll line up with the top short pulse table in the spreadsheet.
    SPA2.JPG

the decimal left right button moves what is in the data, I can't get the ms across the top to change to 0 .125 .250 .375 .500 like the spreadsheet is from ID...?.I can change the units but not the resolution I guess is what I am trying to figure out.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by showelljr View Post
    SPA2.JPG

the decimal left right button moves what is in the data, I can't get the ms across the top to change to 0 .125 .250 .375 .500 like the spreadsheet is from ID...?.I can change the units but not the resolution I guess is what I am trying to figure out.
    Paste the top SPA table in the excel sheet into your SPA table in the editor, those two line up, you're just seeing different numbers due to rounding. No big deal.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Okay, so got some updates, I was able to apply a 2bar patch after reading what was in the ECM, applied, saved as a new file, opened the new file, double/half setup stoich for the injectors, and then did a write. It started and did idle a few seconds, got oil pressure then shut down. I went to make sure I had MAP sensor settings right, but can't find the settings. I am going to post file, I made sure it was in advanced mode. I am still using 2.24 version software, reason is because of the referenced SPA issue above was in 3.0 I think but on this laptop 2.24 it had the right headers. Any ideas?1stRead 4l80 TCM 2barUpgrade 1stDump.hpt

Thanks Guys!

Tuner in Training
    Okay I found it..... It was not right, but I found it under Engine Diag > Airflow and made the adjustments.

Thanks, will keep up to date and reach out for some help shortly....

Those Short Pulse Adder numbers are so small to start with, little rounding errors from using the data from cells that match and then interpolating to find the missing ones isnt going to hurt a thing in the world. Trading away all the new tables added in later software versions needed to make this thing run right in exchange for getting the SPA numbers spot-on is a bad trade. Use what you've got, make up the rest, and for god's sake use the latest version!

Tuner in Training
    Alright, little update......truck is running but not driving yet. The startup is okay and as it warms up, its fine in OL, once it gets into CL the AFR, wideband installed 24" from turbo exit, it will OL be at 14.3 and once it goes CL it starts going lean 15, 16, 17 and then it starts stumbling so I shut it off......let it cool, fire it back up once it is under CL threshold and its back at 14.3 till CL. I fired it back up and once it started into CL I commanded CL off and it cleared up and was going back to the 14.3 Got the MAF hooked up so the IAT is reading and airflow is detected. 02 Sensors are in the corssover pipe and switching. Smells rich as hell, BUT this exhaust does not have any Cats in it so I am sure that is why I am smelling it more than before.....right now it is a NA setup because I am still working on cold side piping .........I think I am using a default scanner layout and I don't have a pro version to log the wideband into it yet..... Let me get what I have logged uploaded and go from there......thanks

Tuner in Training
    okay here is a logfile......idle creep force cl off.hpl

Tuner in Training

CL is lean

Okay had some wiring issues with the trans and got that all fixed.....set my scanner up to log ltft+stft against airflow HZ and kept watching it......right now just working on idle.......in the range that it idles in, it was telling me to pull -7 out of those cells on the MAF airflow (low) table......it was sitting there idling, now I guess maybe before I start messing with this I need to backup and make sure the base running airflow is right? Once it gets warm, it has a hard time restarting, but cold it fires right up.......this is an 06 e40 in a tbss so I am looking for a different table for gear / rolling and then a park table for airflow to keep it from running lean.......when CL is on, ltft says its -12 but yet wideband is showing 15.9 afr......let me put up tune and log.
    Attached Files Attached Files