Thread: Self Tune Almost Complete - Please Review

Tuner in Training

Self Tune Almost Complete - Please Review

'05 GTO M6, H/C/I, HPT 4.5.xx

Have been working on getting the car running appropriately. MAF, VE, timing pretty much done as far as I can tell. Idle is better but does hang a moment coming down and is about 75 rpm higher than commanded, which is 900 rpm. Made several changes to under/over speed and integral/proportional but cant seem to get the proper settings. Before I continue making incremental changes, over and over again, any suggestions to getting the idle closer to commanded and eliminate the slight rpm hang? Thanks.

*Numerous threads read and videos watched on cleaning up idle.
    GTO Charts.Charts.xml
    idle spark lower 2.hpt
    cruise 2.hpl
    GTO.Channels.xml
    Last edited by LFSADRG; 07-07-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    '05 GTO E40
    '01 TA

Advanced Tuner
    Not at my laptop to look at the file, but in my experience with E40 cars a higher than commanded idle needs either less timing or less idle air. Working with the adaptives and under/overspeed should really only be used to try to smooth the idle out if it drastically surging or rising/falling back and forth. From the hang coming down and idle higher than commanded, I would try dropping some timing out of it in idle and return to idle areas.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Will do. Might have been a bit too aggressive with the adaptive setting. Have no surge in any gear and idle does "feel" pretty good for the steep cam lobes.

Make your coastdown timing a little less than your idle--like the attached and see if that helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Here are my overspeed and underspeed tables. These work good for me for 4 different cams up to 240/250
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Oh! I totally didn't touch the in gear or coast down. They are still the stock settings. I will adjust under/over and lower coast timing.