Thread: Should [Air/ABS Load] Match [Engine Load]?

Should [Air/ABS Load] Match [Engine Load]?

[Calculated / Engine Load] is obviously capped at 1.0, but up to that point should it match [Absolute / Air Load]?

Senior Tuner
    Mostly No... in certain conditions/ RPMs maybe. Kinda one of those user preference things with pedal feel.
    With a FI application you might see something like:
    at 3000RPM you might have a maximum air load of 1.4 and that would be 100% calculated load.
    at 3000RPM for 50% calculated load I would expect .7 air load not .5 air load.
    Other wise you will have a dead spot in the pedal

With a NA application you might see something like:
    at 3000 RPM you might have a maximum air load of .85 and that would be 100% calculated load
    at 3000 RPM for 50% calculated load I would expect .425 air load not .5 air load.
    Other wise you will have a surging pedal.

Stevens sticky on the SD calculator defines everything fairly well with how the two different loads are related to current air charge.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ity-Calculator

Good to know, thank you.

I noticed that at some lower load areas, they match very closely. But as I roll into the pedal linearly, airload increases linearly, but engine load has some odd "humps". I wanted to make sure that wasn't indicative of something mis-calibrated.

I love that sticky, since there is so much info there... but I don't see any real mention of the distinction between the two loads. Maybe I missed it.