Thread: Cummins Swap 5R110 trans file

Cummins Swap 5R110 trans file

OK, I have an 2008 f350 4x4 I purchased with dead engine. Truck only has 79k. Right now it as a 12valve P Pump engine. Trying to get the transmission shifting properly. Right now with stock tune it shift nice and smooth runs great BUT only under light throttle normal day to day driving. If I have to take off with more than light throttle, anything over 1/4 throttle it flares/slips between 2-3 shift and 3-5 shift. If i let off the pedal itll go into gear.
    Does anyone have a known working tune for cummins in front of 5r110 that I could compare and try? As I purchased the truck in unknown condition I have no idea if its shifting like this do to the cummins swap or if there are issues with the transmission, though it is not showing ant dtc codes when scanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver64 View Post
    OK, I have an 2008 f350 4x4 I purchased with dead engine. Truck only has 79k. Right now it as a 12valve P Pump engine. Trying to get the transmission shifting properly. Right now with stock tune it shift nice and smooth runs great BUT only under light throttle normal day to day driving. If I have to take off with more than light throttle, anything over 1/4 throttle it flares/slips between 2-3 shift and 3-5 shift. If i let off the pedal itll go into gear.
    Does anyone have a known working tune for cummins in front of 5r110 that I could compare and try? As I purchased the truck in unknown condition I have no idea if its shifting like this do to the cummins swap or if there are issues with the transmission, though it is not showing ant dtc codes when scanned.
    A lot of the shift properties are based on estimate torque, how are you telling the tcm what the engine is doing as far as torque output?

Well to be honest I'm not sure. I have retained some of the 6.4 sensors. Map, mass, iat, water,oil, cam, crank, fuel temp, GPS, ebp, all trans sensors and speed sensor. There is a tab to turn off torque based shift schedule but what does it use in place of it? After changing shift pressures and oncoming slip times and such I've managed to get it usable. I still have slight flare on 2-3 and 3-5. Itll actual make the shift now under heavy throttle..have not tried wot. Don't want to fry clutches if it slips.

send a log of your truck idling then slowly rev it to around 27-7800rpm, i think we have the same issue, after 2650rpm, the 6.4 pcm drops the torque signal to zero and that makes the trans shift super funky, i have done this swap a few times and one truck is giving me this issue, what are you using for your tach signal for the dash?

I'm using Swap Helper for crank and cam sensor info.

Do a read from the ford and post your file here, or pm it to me

Haven't figured out how to do tcm data log. Little to no info on how to do get vcm to data log the tcm.

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get the transmission tuning done?

Potential Tuner
    anyone here ever find a good working trans tune for a 5r110 that's got a cummins mounted to it?

Potential Tuner
    Also need help .