Thread: Swapping to Enhanced OS for Speed Density

Tuner in Training

Swapping to Enhanced OS for Speed Density

Just making sure I got this right...
    To "switch to speed density", You open the OS Tab and choose the correct OS you want to use. Then Click OK. Then Save As a new file, Then Close the file, Then Open the file, Then Write Entire, Then Read Entire, AND THEN FINALLY MAKE ADJUSTMENTS? and flash via Write Calibration from this point on out??

Do I have that right or is the Write Entire, Read Entire, Then Adjust incorrect?

Yeah you have it. You only have to do a write entire once with the first flash of the new upgraded OS file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha, can I leave my MAF inline and plugged in for IAT purposes for now by just Failing the MAF at 0Hz ... or is that not needed when you switch OS's?

Advanced Tuner
    Still fail the MAF as normal.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    Still fail the MAF as normal.
    Can I leave it plugged in still (for IAT reasons)

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, absolutely. If you never plan to run the MAF again, I would look into adding just an IAT somewhere as the IAT in the MAF is rather slow to respond to temp changes in my experience (mainly "heatsoak")
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    Yes, absolutely. If you never plan to run the MAF again, I would look into adding just an IAT somewhere as the IAT in the MAF is rather slow to respond to temp changes in my experience (mainly "heatsoak")
    cool, thats the grand plan just making sure I could test around with the MAF still there... Thanks bud