Thread: Tightening up 2-3 shift, 6F50/6R80

Tightening up 2-3 shift, 6F50/6R80

Can anyone give some advice on tightening up the 2-3 shift at WOT on a 6F50, same stategy as the 6R80?

Part throttle is great, but at higher/WOT throttle it is a pretty slow shift.

Looks like the adaptive learning may have gotten caught up.
    Last edited by Ntrain2k; 07-12-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Potential Tuner
    what is the shift pressure in the higher trqe area I am only familiar with the 6r80

Quote Originally Posted by Blueford5 View Post
    what is the shift pressure in the higher trqe area I am only familiar with the 6r80
    W0Fyaui.png

You will have to lower the adaptive slip times, otherwise it will soften the shift over time

Your Explorer doesn't have much torque, so you can try to increase the shift pressure at WOT starting around 200 ft-lb. What you have would work fine with the Explorer Sport or any EcoBoost V6.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Your Explorer doesn't have much torque, so you can try to increase the shift pressure at WOT starting around 200 ft-lb. What you have would work fine with the Explorer Sport or any EcoBoost V6.
    After a bit of aggressive driving it actually "fixed" itself. I guess adaptive learned and made some adjustments on that side.

Any tips on a downshift issue from 6th? It wont downshift until I get pretty far into the throttle and then it goes to 4th. Would like it to go to 5th with a little less throttle input rather than the hard drop to 4th at a higher throttle position.

You will have to adjust the shift schedules. Ford did not program the sport mode schedules correctly on the Explorer and PIU.

^^^ That's no lie, LOL. They're way off on the shift schedules up high, ive lowered mine quite a bit just to keep it from hanging out in gears to long after settle into a constant speed.

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an older thread but I wanted to share my experience. I recently have been working on a ford escape with the 6f35 transmission and the 2-3 shift was miserable. I have not adjusted much but what I did was copy the 3->4 tables on ramp, adaptive, and clutch fill time and applied them to the 2->3 shift. Now I will say I haven't tried a WOT shift yet but it really helped out with half throttle shifting. I also haven't messed with shift pressure yet as I'm doing one thing at a time and learning a lot on the way.

P.S on my Clutch fill time schedule between 2->3 and 3->4 I only adjusted the fill rates that were slower. The ones that were showing faster on the schedule I left alone.
    Last edited by dubau2; 04-20-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Hello @dubau2! Did you have any other finding or progress on this issue with 2-3 shift on 6F35? I have a similar issue posted here:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ost-6f35-trans