Thread: L5P don?t waste your money

Potential Tuner

L5P don?t waste your money

Got all the stuff put into my truck and flashed and then I have some codes saying no communication with the tcm and pcm so I called PPEI and they took control of my computer and said I?d have to get ahold of hptuners, so I did that. I?ve been dealing with them for a week tomorrow making no progress it doesn?t help it takes on average 2-6 hours to get a reply from them, for example I was asked to send some files to them so I did but I had to work so I didn?t send them till after they were closed so obviously I wasn?t expecting a response until today, which I still have yet to receive so then I asked for a confirmation to see if they received the email and that was sent 2.5 hours ago and still haven?t heard anything back. The truck will fail to flash any tune I try to write to it along with still having those permanent codes so the truck will start but the transmission isn?t working along with the throttle. So as of right now I am 100% regretting spending almost 6k for an ECM and TCM. So I would highly recommended not deleting your truck until they have had more time to fix any and all the issues they are having

Tuner in Training
    Have you done the immobilizer learn for the ECM along with the crank angle re-learn when you put the ECM in? Also if the flash fails don't exit the program and try again, it can take two or three tries to get it to go through. The trucks I have done work flawlessly.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DPC View Post
    Have you done the immobilizer learn for the ECM along with the crank angle re-learn when you put the ECM in? Also if the flash fails don't exit the program and try again, it can take two or three tries to get it to go through. The trucks I have done work flawlessly.

Potential Tuner
    I brought it to the dealership to do the immobilizer relearn but they said it was working fine and that it doesn?t need it done. Should I bring it back and have them do it anyways?

Tuner in Training
    I haven't done one without doing the immobilizer relearn so I don't know what the symptoms would be if I didn't. I also always do a transmission relearn procedure with my scanner when installing a new TCM. These are the steps I use and have worked for me.

1. Make sure my software is updated.
    2. I do the TCM first along with a relearn and test drive to make sure everything is working as it should.
    3. Perform the "Replace the ECM" using the VCM (you need your ECM to do this prior to removing) Repalce ECM when prompted and follow VCM instructions.
    4. Perform an immobilizer relearn, (takes about 12minutes with the right pass-through device and a GM SPS subscription)
    5. Perform a crank relearn.
    6. Turn the key off and take out of ignition, let set for 5 mins.
    7. Turn on key, scan and clear any codes.
    8. Start truck and test drive, scan for codes when done.

Edit: Do all the above steps with everything still on the truck. After test drive is complete and all systems check out you can perform your "Off Rode Only" Hard parts and tune updates.
    Last edited by DPC; 07-10-2019 at 12:59 PM. Reason: forgot a step