Thread: 2010 SC camaro startup/injectors and TCC broblems (HELP!)

Potential Tuner

2010 SC camaro startup/injectors and TCC broblems (HELP!)

Hello to everyone !

I have some issues with tuning Gen IV ecu what i can?t solve.

Can someone check the file and give some help.

First thing is startups, i get it start cold ok, but warm or hot start is hell... Starts and stalls if i dont hold foot on pedal.

Biggest start/stall problem is when i stop 5-10min and try to restart with hot engine.

I did get it better but now throttle hangs in gear at 1100rpm and it still starts and stalls half the start times.

The over/under spark i cant use because emissions(Need to stay 16degrees) or HC is high.

So i think i need to try tune hot start with airfow.

Second problem is with new injectors 1000cc(@3bar), it runs rich even if i max out flow tables and voltage correction (pulling out -25stft and -25ltft / afr is 10-12:1

Injectors are flow mached de-capped set.

Third broblem is TCC hounting on low APP/TPS

Converter is 2500rpm circleD billet 3-plate.

Car is 2010 5gen camaro with L99 with:

-DSS Racing forged pistons

-Total seal gapless rings

-Edelbrock e-force kit with 3.25 pulley

-Comp cams 277LCBHR14 (227/243@50)

-ZL1 Fuel pump

-E85 Flex fuel

Tune file and some logs
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    you haven't even inputted your new injector flow rate. start with that for a beginning. that's why its so rich.

Tuner in Training
    That converter and car combo can be left unlocked 1-4.

Set Normal, Pattern A/B, and TUTD patterns to TCC Apply speeds 1-4 318mph, 1-4 release 317mph, leave 5th and 6th alone
    Full throttle apply 1-4 318mph, 1-4 release 317mph, 5th gear apply 318mph release 317mph, 6th gear apply 318mph release 317mph

That will lock torque converter clutch only while in cruise 5th and 6th gear, never during WOT event.

Throw away ghetto decapped injectors and buy a set from snake eater performance if you're dead set on going for broke. They have GM plug n play data and are allegedly fine.

Potential Tuner
    I get all shorted out,

Converter hounting resolved with Trans / Torque converter /"desired slip vs gear" filled all tables to 0 and hounting did go away.... that is logic
    Yes that tune file was with old injector data, because the old injectors was installed at the moment.
    I did get the new injectors work with similar size injector data from another tune file and tweaked it a bit. (Didn?t have enough data for new injectors to put to tune file).
    Did play almost 6hours with that startup problem and now i get it work better on hot also.

This was first genIV what i did tune so idle and startup was the worst things to get sorted out...

Heres the new tune (104lb what works best now if someone want?s to take a look.

Also need to install BAP for that ZL1 fuel pump, because its running out at 5k with E85 now
    Last edited by Nyman's Garage; 07-14-2019 at 02:09 AM.

Potential Tuner
    What are the tables controlling the after start enrichment? Still having broblems with hot start after 60C(140F) IAT if car is sitting 3-5min... I can keep it runnig if i hold the accelerator pedal for 10-15sek
    after that it runs fine again... And if i shut it down and restart again in 10-20s it starts fine.

I see that im running now AFR 10-11:1 afterstart... how to lean it out...
    After it moves back to Open loop table or CL its running 14-15:1
    CL LTFT and STFT s looks perfect in all temperatures

Tuner in Training
    Rich after flash is a common e38 pcm thing. Log intake valve temperature and you'll see. Just zero out the offset vs. inj temp table under Fuel - General while tuning to get around the rich condition. Put the data back when you're done.

Potential Tuner
    So is the intake valve temp table controlling after start fuel or inj.temp offset?
    Intake valve temp is calculated value from ecm?
    I will log the temps and post log file after that if i cant short it.

Potential Tuner
    Better...

I Still have some problems with startup over 60C(140F) intake temps.

Any directions where to try to fix this problem?

I did tweak trans tune and did take out some fuel at IVT Gain table after this log.

It fires up fine when intake temp is under 140F, 141F and the broblems starts...

How about injection timing?
    Is that going to help on this broblem and is there some benefits to tweak it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    try adding base air, try adding startup airflow, try reducing fuel in both cranking VE and cranking fuel FA. try reducing start up flare control correction. Try adding spark on warm crank. try turning spark corrections for IAT off below 1000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsy View Post
    Rich after flash is a common e38 pcm thing. Log intake valve temperature and you'll see. Just zero out the offset vs. inj temp table under Fuel - General while tuning to get around the rich condition. Put the data back when you're done.
    Never zero this table out. Do not know who started that but they are dead wrong and will not pay the dollars it takes to correct this mistake. This table is fuel adder used by the ECM to compensate for heat soak. Rich after flash is just a symptom of the reset. This table should be adjusted to create a minimal rich condition on heat soak and no added fuel at running temp usually 122, 131 or 140. Spent a year tracking this table down so that it could be adjusted with injector changes.
    Last edited by jsllc; 07-30-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm