Thread: viewing files without an MPVI-2 cable?

Tuner in Training

viewing files without an MPVI-2 cable?

why is it not possible to view the audi HPT files without an MPVI-2 cable? i really wanted to look at a file posted in another post on here so i could see if i could adjust what i wanted to adjust in the tuning. very disappointed and im not purchasing an MPVI-2 just so i can look at audi files, thats not cost effective on my end. there needs to be a demo file that can be opened up. i really want to know if i can tune the transmission in the cars more so than anything. if this is not possible yet than i will wait till it is or find another solution to do so.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VWnut8392 View Post
    why is it not possible to view the audi HPT files without an MPVI-2 cable? i really wanted to look at a file posted in another post on here so i could see if i could adjust what i wanted to adjust in the tuning. very disappointed and im not purchasing an MPVI-2 just so i can look at audi files, thats not cost effective on my end. there needs to be a demo file that can be opened up. i really want to know if i can tune the transmission in the cars more so than anything. if this is not possible yet than i will wait till it is or find another solution to do so.
    It's been awhile since I bought my MPVI-2 but I think you can register an account on the HP Tuners website and then you'll have access to their tune repository which you can download those files and look at them without the MPVI-2 attached. Unfortunately there are not any vw/audi files there but I was only interested in the ZF-8hp which is also used in the dodge srt8 etc so I looked at those files. It worked out very nicely for the 8hp but I got a lot of help from other audi sq5/q5 owners on audizine on tuning tips.

Advanced Tuner
    If a vehicle/calibration is MPVI2 specific then it must have an MPVI2 attached to open it.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Performance Tuning in the Texas Panhandle

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    If a vehicle/calibration is MPVI2 specific then it must have an MPVI2 attached to open it.
    well thats lame. looks like im not buying one till i can see what all i can modify in the ECU. so many mixed reviews of it with VAG vehicles. they really need to allow to view a VAG mapping without having an MPVI2 cable.

Tuner in Training
    If anyone from HP is reading this, I agree!

It's great that I can download your tuning software and see how the UI works in general, but it would be much better if I could see what's available to edit for my particular cars. If sample files for Audi were provided that would do it too, but there aren't any.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ELaw View Post
    If anyone from HP is reading this, I agree!

It's great that I can download your tuning software and see how the UI works in general, but it would be much better if I could see what's available to edit for my particular cars. If sample files for Audi were provided that would do it too, but there aren't any.
    The definitely seen this and just ignored it most likely because you cant do crap with it other than do something like adjust idle with AC on and nothing more. probably doesnt even do checksums, they got their paws on internal bosch damos and function sheets, found the bit that turns the checksum fault off and sent it out to the public.

lol...

This software works, and works well. At least from a 4.0t stand point.

Tuner in Training
    What car are you working with? I will see if I can find a file and post up some pictures of the interface and maps if you want