Thread: eec V ford /MPVI2 histogram help

eec V ford /MPVI2 histogram help

what is the secret to making a histogram to tune the maf on a ford eec v with the mpvi2? or to work on failed maf table? everything that's there is gm based and I cant find much info on how to get it setup to work. seems when I think I get something setup right, the values don't match whats in the tune so it doesn't do any good.but im also new at all this

Advanced Tuner
    The concept of doing so is the exact same as the GM stuff. You need to plot fuel trims and or wideband error into a histogram that mimics the MAF and failed maf tables in the tune file. Same as on a 3v. Same as doing MAF on a coyote. Same as going VE on a dodge.

Are you logging the correct channels to do so? You trims and or wideband, as well as the channels that correspond to the axis of the tables.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

yeah, I gathered that its the same concept, but im making it harder than it should be I think. I think I managed to make a maf histo this morning plotting stft that is working. as far as the failed maf,i still cant figure out what to use there. in the tune its labeled as TP relative and load is labeled as 0-1.99 and I ve yet to find a match to that in the channels that isn't in % or something. that's whats hanging me up. and now somehow ive managed to only have -10 degrees timing at all times and nowhere can I find out why its commanding that...

anybody got ideas on channels for failed maf?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    anybody got ideas on channels for failed maf?
    Use airload in the scanner. If you don't have that than you can use math to figure it out. Use one of HPT default maths. It would MAF cylinder airmass. Take that number and divide it by your engine displacement (one listed in the tune). For throttle I'm pretty sure it's TP relative but it might not be in percent. I think on yours it's in A/D counts. What's the numbers in the tune? You might not have that channel in the scanner. If not you may be able use math to convert TB rel volts to A/D. I'm not sure if the math though.

thanks. and yes its in ad counts.i don't have a tp relative in ad counts in the channels to use.i didn't think of the math part. but im not sure how I come up with ad counts in math either.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    thanks. and yes its in ad counts.i don't have a tp relative in ad counts in the channels to use.i didn't think of the math part. but im not sure how I come up with ad counts in math either.
    I'm not sure of the math of hand but I think I have it on my computer. If I do I'll respond with it but I won't be near my computer for a few days.
    Try putting in a support ticket to hpt requesting it.

Quote Originally Posted by momotunes View Post
    I'm not sure of the math of hand but I think I have it on my computer. If I do I'll respond with it but I won't be near my computer for a few days.
    Try putting in a support ticket to hpt requesting it.
    thanks. ive broken my brain enough for today. tried several things and got no where. now that I have car running decent, the stft's wont come off 0 after it starts and shows 11:1 afr idling,while commanding 1.0 lamda. and wont idle less than 1200. logging shows isc in lockout,whatever that suggests. lol. ive got too many things against me here for the first time doing it and don't know if any if my inputs are correct enough to proceed. changed to a supercharged combo from a stock car. ie: slot maf in 3.5 tube,80 lb siemens/deka inj,return fuel system with no rail sensor,etc,etc.

Advanced Tuner
    convert volts to ad by simply dividing by 200

The way I dial in the failed maf table is by plotting the x rpm the y tprel and z as fuel error. But before dialing in the part throttle cells I dial in wot first. Take your last dialed in wot log and dial in the top row of the table first.

Then either disable the maf (using backflow) or unplug the maf and drive around to try to hit as many cells as you can. Take that correction apply it to the table and repeat until your fuel error is as close to 0 as you can get it. It usually takes me about 3 revisions to get it perfect.

The failed load table needs to be dialed in after you get the fuel dialed in.