Thread: Green wrench drive to clean. Cummins swap

Green wrench drive to clean. Cummins swap

2008 6.4 with Cummins swap. How do I turn off the green wrench and stop the drive to clean message? I've turned off most of the check engine lights but cant find how to turn this off. Truck was not deleted before the 6.4 gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver64 View Post
    2008 6.4 with Cummins swap. How do I turn off the green wrench and stop the drive to clean message? I've turned off most of the check engine lights but cant find how to turn this off. Truck was not deleted before the 6.4 gave up.
    HP won't be able to do this without user defined parameters. So You'll need a delete tune "your best and easiest bet" or know where and how to turn off these codes in the binary file.

That's what I was afraid of. So I need to find a tune that's been deleted. There is one in the repository but when I opened it it had no info on transmission. I assume it must be for a manual trans truck. Is it possible to switch it to auto and put my trans info into it? As I'm not using any if the ecm tables....I'm running 12valve Cummins all mech.

Potential Tuner
    I am in the same situation 2008 f350 12v cummins swap. I am not able to get the emissions to turn off and allow the truck to start the engine and get rid of the emissions related issues(green wrench). I found a tune in the repository that looks like it should work but when I copied over the changes to my licensed file it either did not have what I need or did not take. I am assume its the latter and the newest software wont even recognize the emissions related settings. Does anyone know if I pay to license the tune on the repository will I be able to load it onto my truck and would the emissions settings potentially take effect.

Tuner
    I don?t think using a deleted tune will work like that unless it?s not tied to a vin Winoles will work with HPT to define what is what I know a guy who can do it PM me if it is something you are interested in I believe it was like 100-150$ been a while

Tuner
    If some who has already used Winoles could chime in I believe it?s pretty pricey software

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response I may have to go that route. Just tried to flash the truck with sct to handle the emissions and then write over top of that with hp and seems like it was just a step backwards. Now the truck will not turn over as if the emissions are locking it down again however I am not getting the green wrench anymore.

What do you guys need help with? I have WinOLS PM me.. Youll need an alternate way to flash the PCM though..
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB