Thread: Intercooler Pump Control

Intercooler Pump Control

The major M157/M278 mail-order tunes include adjusted intercooler pump operation (lower setpoint temp), but this isn't available in VCM Editor. This would be a great feature for MB biturbo engines as they're prone to heat soak even at stock boost levels. Can we get aux pump control added to HPT?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...s-on-a-Hellcat
    Last edited by Schnell; 07-12-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Bump... does anyone know the table number for this? I tried to log the low temp coolant temperature and pump speed, but got no data. Currently it seems the pump is activated partially by throttle and I'd like to simply run the pump based on IAT, regardless of throttle.

Tuner in Training
    i have looked at damos,it have a temp activation..you would need to start it very early to get benefit.

Tuner in Training
    Log a ticket with HPTuners. I don't think they read these forums.

I did that, but was told they need the table number to add it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnell View Post
    I did that, but was told they need the table number to add it.
    That's the same lazy response I got about cruise AFR. Not good enough considering we pay EIGHT vehicle credits for our vehicles. More effort in to continued development needs to be made. If it was 2 vehicle credits, I would accept that type of response but NOT when we pay 8.

Tuner in Training
    what do they mean by table number ? how can i know a table number if i don't see it ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by samtuning View Post
    what do they mean by table number ? how can i know a table number if i don't see it ?
    The table number must be something specific to the DAMOS that HPTuners use. They should NOT need a "table number" if they actually made an effort to look for the table. Very disappointing.

Bump!

Tuner in Training
    Run Switch with relay to the pump on key on or on a switch you can control. Much Easier done many times. Also if its an earlier year separate the cooling systems. Hope that helps

There are hundreds of maps. Support has been helpful even for myself to mention the same. If I know the table location I could specify and they will add as an available map. You can use a tool like WinOLS to identify a table and provide that to support for addition.

The map is available in Damos

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw_50 View Post
    The map is available in Damos
    Do you happen to know the map location that would help HPT add it?

@outlaw_50

Do you happen to know the map location that would help HPT add it?

@outlaw_50
    3EE392 => Upper Threshold IAT for Activation intercooling pump

3EE394 => Lower Threshold IAT for Activation intercooling pump

3EE3A4 => Upper Threshold Transmission oil temp for Activation intercooling pump

3EE3A6 => Lower Threshold Transmission oil temp for Activation intercooling pump

3EE3B9 => Intercooler Efficency (IAT)

Thanks! I'll see what they say..

I noticed that my IATs don't drop unless I'm on the throttle somewhat, regardless of IAT at the time. It seems like there may be a throttle or load component activating the pump.

Thanks! I'll see what they say..

I noticed that my IATs don't drop unless I'm on the throttle somewhat, regardless of IAT at the time. It seems like there may be a throttle or load component activating the pump.
    Easier is to just to make it always pumping by making the intercooler pump directly connected to the switch ON position.
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

The tables have been added to the latest beta of VCM Editor. I'm playing with them but haven't seen much difference. IAT still only drops with throttle input while in gear... so maybe a certain minimum load %. Are there any tables you can see that sound like what I'm describing?

I think the transmission oil temps are separate and meant for a transmission cooler pump activation.. but they have been added either way.

The tables have been added to the latest beta of VCM Editor. I'm playing with them but haven't seen much difference. IAT still only drops with throttle input while in gear... so maybe a certain minimum load %. Are there any tables you can see that sound like what I'm describing?

I think the transmission oil temps are separate and meant for a transmission cooler pump activation.. but they have been added either way.
    I connect the Intercooler pump directly to the fuse box so its always on when the switch is in ON position.
    That's the best way in my opinion
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

www.xstages.com

Tuner in Training
    I?ve read grounding the pump can cause a soft fault and may reduce power in certain situations. But it is extremely easy to do.

Where are the iat aux pump controls?

Quote Originally Posted by clifftoo View Post
    I?ve read grounding the pump can cause a soft fault and may reduce power in certain situations. But it is extremely easy to do.

Where are the iat aux pump controls?
    I don't use the grounding method but I believe its the brown wire that gets grounded.

The method I use is connecting the power wire (red) located in the pump connector to any 20 amps fuse in the fuse box .. check with test light which fuse is on while Switch is ON and hook it up to that fuse.

with this method we didn't suffer from any faults on our cars.
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

www.xstages.com