Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 dodge security system going off

Advanced Tuner

2005 dodge security system going off

I have a 2005 dodge that I recently did a auto to manual swap and all everything seems good with that. My lights are flashing and horn honking like a security system is going off. I bought the truck with the auto already blown and it was doing the same thing even before the swap. I pulled the fuse for the horn so it doesn't annoy everyone for the moment. Any ideas of what it might be? thanks

Banned
    No clue, sound like the panic button on the fob stuck on kinda deal. Maybe a fault on the RKE module?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_axberg View Post
    I have a 2005 dodge that I recently did a auto to manual swap and all everything seems good with that. My lights are flashing and horn honking like a security system is going off. I bought the truck with the auto already blown and it was doing the same thing even before the swap. I pulled the fuse for the horn so it doesn't annoy everyone for the moment. Any ideas of what it might be? thanks
    Does it do it even when the doors are closed, or only when open? The auto trucks have a "feature" (more like annoyance) that will blast the horn and flash the lights if the door is open and the PRNDL isn't in park (or is in Park, but not fully engaged).

Being that you've swapped to a mtx, it has me wondering if the BCM/TIPM isn't receiving the signal that it expects for being in Park, and is freaking out due to that.

Banned
    05 doesn?t have a TIPM, didn?t come in till 06. The FCM, the module attached to the PDC(fuse box) are known for getting corroded causing issues and needing replacement.
    Last edited by Jim P; 07-14-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    05 doesn?t have a TIPM, didn?t come in till 06. The FCM, the module attached to the PDC(fuse box) are known for getting corroded causing issues and needing replacement.
    Ok, well, the 05's still have said functionality, whether it comes from a BCM, PDC, FCM, or TIPM. It sounds an aweful lot like what he is experiencing. But without further information, it's hard to know.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the suggestions you guys. And also thanks jim for the auto to manual swap help. No issues!! I pulled the FCM fuse for like 5 min and put it back in but it still does the same thing. The lights flash for only 3 minutes then everything works like it should, so it's not horrible just would like to figure it out. Waiting to get 300 break in miles on the clutch before I start tuning. The timing on these trucks are horrible stock, feels like it falls on it's face up top

Banned
    Your welcome for the file, glad it worked for you! Yes stock form they really lack performance up top. Out of curiousity I would try pulling the RKE and see if it still does the alarm deal with it out. It?s located on the backside of the instrument cluster.

Advanced Tuner
    I will give er a try and report back.

Advanced Tuner
    Just took the RKE out and it still does it. It is right at 3 minutes every time when it stops. Thanks for the idea though

Banned
    Was worth a shot to see if there was something faulty in it triggering the panic mode. Next I would try swapping the FCM.

Advanced Tuner
    I also have a parts truck, but it is a 2003. Do you think those would interchange?

Banned
    Doubtful, maybe if it was a late 2004

Advanced Tuner
    yea, thats what I was probably thinking

there is something that needs wired around when swapped to manual. its been too long since I did it to remember what it was though

Banned
    Not really when switching to manual, going the other way around yes most definitely. Manual has a vehicle speed sensor and reverse position switch then you?ll have a clutch position switch. Automatic you?ll have governor pressure sensor, solenoids for TCC and overdrive, output shaft speed sensor, coolant temperature sensor, TTVA, vehicle speed sensor, reverse switch to name a few.
    Last edited by Jim P; 07-15-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    speed sensor is in the rear end right? There is just the one plug in the tranny and I wired it for the reverse lights.

Banned
    I can?t remember, been a long time. The rear axle is an abs sensor but maybe serves a dual purpose of vehicle speed sensor and abs sensor???

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Not really when switching to manual, going the other way around yes most definitely. Manual has a vehicle speed sensor and reverse position switch then you?ll have a clutch position switch. Automatic you?ll have governor pressure sensor, solenoids for TCC and overdrive, output shaft speed sensor, coolant temperature sensor, TTVA, vehicle speed sensor, reverse switch to name a few.
    did when we did it, 05-06 I believe. was auto., now manual.

Banned
    If memory serves me right, there?s vehicle speed sensor and encoder/servo(if electronic shift t-case) on the t-case then just the reverse switch on the transmission itself.

Advanced Tuner
    mine is a manual t case. There is one plug on the t case and one on the nv5600. I wired the one on the tranny into the reverse lights and those work when I put it in reverse so that should be good. The t case is supposed to turn on the 4wd light. My speedo works also so I don't think its that. Just figured out another thing with it. If I start it it takes 3 minutes to stop flashing, but if I open up the door it starts flashing again. I think it has got to be some sort of security thing.