Thread: 4L80E Trans tune help

Potential Tuner

4L80E Trans tune help

I recently swapped a 4l80e in my 2001 Camaro I did the segment swap and was wondering if anyone can look over my tune file and help with performance tuning every thing seams to work right no codes. 1-2 feels great 2-3 seams a little sluggish under wot everything else while cruising feels good. I attached my tune with the 4l60 and and with the stock 4l80e segment swap done

Info about trans
    1999 4l80e
    - HD2 shift kit
    -3200 Cricle D stall converter.

Info about car.
    Just a 12 sec bolt on car
    3:73 gears
    ls1 with gm hot cam
    1 and 3/4 headers
    fast 102 stock fuel systemCamaro_4l60e.hptCamaro_4l80e_swap.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Still looking for some help.
    THANKS!!

Tuning is like a video game, you'll just have to play with it and see what works best for you.

Try going for .275-.300 on the shift times and bump the shift pressure by like 5-10% in the needed area's.

Not sure how the engine is actually running without data logs and a wideband reading but it seems awful rich for a NA car. Would be curious if the power enrichment isn't just raped to compensate for a bad tune. Asking for mid to upper 11's on a NA LS1 is about 1 point richer than you could get away with on good fuel. Having the airflow model correct is just as important and could effect the way the transmission functions if it's not dialed in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your input i will give it a shot! I did have the car tuned by a shop in indy before the 4l80e swap and he did mention something about it being really lean at the top end on the baseline. I'd be curious to see if your right. it does smell awfully rich to me but to me being a newb it runs good but i'd love to see it run better lol

Potential Tuner

data logs

Here are some data logs one was a really clean pass another one not so much
    some times every thing is great other times it feels like the car leaves in 2nd gear and down shifts and then the power comes back when making WOT pulls it also will shift to 2nd when in d1 so no manual control also attached is my latest tune file. both logs were don at the track.
    Attached Files Attached Files