Thread: 4l80e Torque converter

Tuner in Training

4l80e Torque converter

I have about 400 miles on my new build. I got a rebuild 4l80e from a shop with a 3600 stall speed that was suggested by Tsp. It has a trans-go hd shift kit in it supposedly. The more I have been driving it the less power it seems to have from the trans. Example, after the dyno tune it would smoke the tires until I let off. Now it won't even break them loose. I took it to a different trans shop to have them test drive it. They swear it is the TC failing. Said I probably got a junk one the guy was needing to get rid of. When I contacted the original builder he will not warranty it because he says it has to be my tune that is making it fail. Could someone look at my trans tune and see if I messed it up somehow? I have a new TC being built to match my engine specs. Any help here would be great. 5.3 bored, flattops, .629"/.615", 111 LSA cam, longtubes, 862 Heads worked

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Are you positive that the abuse mode that is still active and part of the engine torque mgnt is not pulling away power?

I vaguely remember that this was a speed density vehicle but the tune has it running in a MAF only mode based on the dynamic airflow settings. If the MAF is not there it obviously can't run the MAF curve but I'd still change that setting.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I did end up going maf, I wondered about the TM and abuse mode being on. But the only thing we changed was the MAF settings and tuned that. I know you have forgotten waaayyyy more than I will know about tuning. Why would it slowly start doing these changes? Just so I can wrap my head around this. I have gotten about 250 miles on it since we added MAF. I will go and disable abuse mode and see if that helps.

Tuner in Training
    Did anything look crazy like pressures or anything in the trans part?

Tuner in Training
    Turned off everything I could think of for abuse and TM. Took it out for a drive and same thing. No git up and go and can't even break loose the tires. Here is the new tune. Guess I will be taking the trans back out. Let me know if anyone can think of anything on here that seems weird.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Transmission > torque convertor> apply /release>performance isn't that supposed to be set at 256 across the board ? my 4l60e is
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning