Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EEC V injector data/MAF function questions

Advanced Tuner
    thats a horrible idea SCT has very minimal support for those older EEC's. Theres far superior stuff these days.

best bet if you want to have full custom tuning support and the ability to dial it in or make any changes yourself and see the whole process is to get a moates quarterhorse and give me a shout.

Potential Tuner
    It sure looked like scts editor had a lot more parameters than hp for eec-v, not trying to argue but this shop has built several 1000hp+ 4v cars and an 800rwhp 93 octane lightening, I?m dropping it off tomorrow so we will know soon!

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    thats a horrible idea SCT has very minimal support for those older EEC's. Theres far superior stuff these days.

best bet if you want to have full custom tuning support and the ability to dial it in or make any changes yourself and see the whole process is to get a moates quarterhorse and give me a shout.
    SCT,unlike HTP has actually been known to work on these for many years

Advanced Tuner
    yea thats cool but you dont know what your missing til you try it.

Realtime tuning these vehicles and correcting the fuel while at wot in realtime is far superior than SCT can ever offer.

SCT takes 2 minutes to flash a tune change and the engine has to be off to rewrite the ecu. The QH writes it in 0.0001 seconds all while still at WOT.

Advanced Tuner
    This afternoon i was tuning a 04 cobra, HP Tuners is lacking on the logging department, i had to use sct to log and hp tuners to write, logging with sct wasnt something stellar, if the moates system has better logging i would go that way, but around here cobras are so rare the its not worth it.