Thread: Should I go to an 07 ecm on 06 corvette

Tuner

Should I go to an 07 ecm on 06 corvette

I am working on an 06 zo6 vette has a nice 447ci motor in it and the customer has found some lsa injectors. Now he put them in before i got the car and i am having one hell of a time getting the data for these injector for this year to work . i found the data converter on here for ls3 to ls1 injectors and it works fine. so the question is should i just swap ecm to a dif year. will this same me time and the customers money.?????? coverter does not cover 06 ecm data -80 to 80 kpa. i have 42 from fic and had to call a get the data for them but it needs these bigger ones from the lsa

Advanced Tuner
    LSA and LS9 use the same Fuel Injectors - 52 Lbs/Hour at 4 BAR (58 PSI).

The attached screenshot of flow values (grams/second) are for use with your unique 2006 E38 ECM, and should be close enough for you to tune it.

2006 E38 with LSA or LS9 Fuel Injectors.jpg

Tuner
    will need to change the min pulse or the offsets ?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes - you will need to fully configure the Fuel Injector profile - however, the remaining tables are sufficiently similar (between a 2006 E38 Corvette and 2009 E67 CTS-V) that you should be able to do this on your own.

Tuner
    thanks!!!!!!

Tuner
    cool start is great i cant seem to get enough air to it on hot start. data show 31 to 33 % throttle to fire it or if i clear flood it and let of it fires right up hot or cool so still to much fuel.

Advanced Tuner
    Having correct (or very close) injector data is the foundation to begin any tuning process. You will need a wide band oxygen sensor, and the tuning skill set, to now construct MAF and VVE tables that correctly represent the engine's new airflow model.

I am assuming that you are using a basically stock 2006 LS2 Corvette E38 tune, with only the injector data updated. While this will get the engine running, it is far from accurate for a large displacement stroker motor.

Tuner
    Very far from stock ecu maf and vve have been updated wide when cruzing show 14.5 afr and wide open is 12.67 with the injector data you supplied. thank you again for that.

Tuner
    found the fix replace throttle body. Was some off brand snake eater nick williams copy car made 597 na at the tire .