Thread: 2014 5.3 First Tune on My Truck having issues

Tuner in Training

Post 2014 5.3 First Tune on My Truck having issues

Im Having A Problem With the tranny any suggestions? it shifts 1st gear and it feels good ,then 2nd gear it stays on it redlining!, any opinions or can someone tell me what i did wrong with my tune?? How does My Tune Look So Far? Trying to Get Better at it but i keep having the same problem that it stays stalling/redlining after 1st gear... Thanks

First Tune Slw4dr.hptlog 1 newtune.hpl

I told you in your other thread to put the torque mngt settings back to stock, then adjust them but you still haven't done that.

Peak torque needs to match actual torque. You can't make 6,000 ft lbs of torque so there is a problem here.

Fix that and determine if you are tagging the limiter because your shift rpm or mph settings need adjustment.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info bro i had already moved the pq tq to stock but i think i forgot to save it, & let me check out the limiter
    Last edited by nandiotrevino18; 07-18-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Do u think the Fast Torque Exit Enable torque delta has something to do??
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I told you in your other thread to put the torque mngt settings back to stock, then adjust them but you still haven't done that.

Peak torque needs to match actual torque. You can't make 6,000 ft lbs of torque so there is a problem here.

Fix that and determine if you are tagging the limiter because your shift rpm or mph settings need adjustment.

I would suggest putting your transmission upshift torque management back to enabled. With that disabled your truck has no means of controlling engine output during the shift.