Thread: VE in the 135 range for N/A ??

Potential Tuner

VE in the 135 range for N/A ??

What would cause my VE table to be in the High 130's for a N/A LQ4 after SD tuning the VE table? LT and ST trims look good +- 4% but to get them there in SD to about the 4kRPM range the Err corrections from the trims took my VE sky hi!!

1. is this an issue or just run with it?
    2. if it is an issue, what would be the corrective action?

Motor is an LQ4, BTR stage 3 truck cam, headers, intake, no boost.

this is just a quick log after some weekend tuning that got me here to these numbers.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by a8jamesa8; 07-19-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by a8jamesa8 View Post
    What would cause my VE table to be in the High 130's for a N/A LQ4 after SD tuning the VE table? LT and ST trims look good +- 4% but to get them there in SD to about the 4kRPM range the Err corrections from the trims took my VE sky hi!!

1. is this an issue or just run with it?
    2. if it is an issue, what would be the corrective action?

Motor is an LQ4, BTR stage 3 truck cam, headers, intake, no boost.

this is just a quick log after some weekend tuning that got me here to these numbers.
    Ive had my car run 130s with a farily big cam. But ive decided to start logging fuel pressures to see it its cometeley accurate.

I also changed injecotors bc i didnt like the "data" that i had found for the ones i was running.
    Last edited by anniversaryss; 07-19-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

What Injectors?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    I?m using stock LS3/LS7 injectors 0280158051 I used the data from the LS3 to LS1 conversion spreadsheet.

The injector data conversion for the LS3 and LS7 Spreadsheets show these to be 45.7 at the 80kpa range and I read that with a Vacc reference like the trucks use I need to take the highest value and past it across the flow rate table. It was suggested that this may be incorrect info and to use the 0kPA numbers for IFR and Volt offset and past those numbers across the board, I have made those adjustments and i'm in the process of running the VE tune in SD again still early but so far the VE has come down to the 100/110 range peaks. still making adjustments but heres what it is so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by a8jamesa8; 07-19-2019 at 09:18 PM.