Thread: Boost vs AFR curve

Tuner in Training

Boost vs AFR curve

Does anyone have any good reference data points to start from to build a AFR vs Boost curve? I don't think going right to 11.3:1 at 2000rpm at 1psi is the best thing to do. Figure an AFR of 12.5:1 once in PE and ramping in fuel with boost enrichment is the way to go but at what point is 11.3:1 really needed? 6psi? 8? 4? The dyno will help fine tune this but i'd like to get in the ball park. The car does see a lot of part throttle boost (road course, autocross and mostly fun on the street)

YSI peak around 16psi, 12:1, 408ci, E85

Sounds like you already know what you want to do and that is a good idea.

No sense in having such a rich AFR at low boost levels. Slope the fueling in like you have said, have it all in there by like 6-8+ psi and it should be doing good. If you're going to be on the dyno, I'm sure you will be able to fine tune that even more. E85 allows for more wiggle room and I bet it could stay a bit leaner than 11.3 at full boost and leaner yet between 0-6psi of boost. Somewhere in the mid to upper 12's for a while.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Here's how I have mine setup (OL E78 but same idea). Haven't hit a dyno with it but it runs and drives nice and smooth. I hit boost just over 1300RPM on 91oct

afr.jpg

Tuner in Training
    thanks everyone for the direction.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JS264 View Post
    Here's how I have mine setup (OL E78 but same idea). Haven't hit a dyno with it but it runs and drives nice and smooth. I hit boost just over 1300RPM on 91oct

afr.jpg
    What exactly is this graph used for? PE table? Sorry little green here

Without seeing his E78 computer, it's likely his commanded fueling table for power/boost enrichment.

It's a lot different than the V8 platform but he was just showing another visual of the same concept.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzz88 View Post
    What exactly is this graph used for? PE table? Sorry little green here
    It's my "Airflow gain" table which is now effectively turned into my PE table, but only available in open loop. It's on my 6.0l V8 2015 Silverado.