Thread: STFTs going nuts at steady cruise

Tuner in Training

STFTs going nuts at steady cruise

Hi all,

Looking for some help on a frustrating issue. I have a trackhawk with an upper/lower pulley and usual bolt ons. At WOT trims are solid and this issue only seems to occur between 1,500 and 2,000 rpm when cruising at a steady speed (ie highway driving). Trims will swing wildly to neg 30 and cause the car to stutter.

Attached is a log, the issue shows up at 14m 34s. This is a paid tune so I'd prefer to keep that private.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you gone through and datalogged your VE tables? I'd say you are possibly having some transition somewhere that is causing the fueling to go wild. Possibly at a certain throttle percentage the boost goes higher than normal in the tune. I'd personally go through the VE table and smooth everything after a solid datalog and adjustments. It's going crazy for some reason. Either you've got an injector going nuts, MAP sensor not reading right or the VE needs adjusted.

Senior Tuner
    Without the tune, impossible to really help. I totally respect you not posting it (and shouldn't) but hopefully you have given this to the tune provider to try and fix.

If Neural network is still on, then its not the VE tables.

Looks like your throttle body is going bonkers in response to incorrect airflow correlations, which is usually the case when the supercharger airflows aren't adjusted correctly. You have a ton more air than stock flowing through that throttle body inlet.

I assume you are on e85 with that pulley combo?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Without the tune, impossible to really help. I totally respect you not posting it (and shouldn't) but hopefully you have given this to the tune provider to try and fix.

If Neural network is still on, then its not the VE tables.

Looks like your throttle body is going bonkers in response to incorrect airflow correlations, which is usually the case when the supercharger airflows aren't adjusted correctly. You have a ton more air than stock flowing through that throttle body inlet.

I assume you are on e85 with that pulley combo?
    Yep, on e85.

Tuner is looking into it but currently hasn't found a fix yet. He's away for a while so figured I'd ask here just in case.

I do run a demon blower so I'm not sure if that makes a difference?