Thread: Fuel Pressure and Fuel Trims

Fuel Pressure and Fuel Trims

Taking the advice of ZZPerformance, I removed my AEM fuel pressure regulator and re-installed my factory regulator. The engine now starts instantly ( took 3 or 4 seconds with the AEM regulator), but my fuel trims have spiked to -18. What has happened?

The car is a 2000 GTP.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Do you know what your AEM fuel pressure regulator was set at? The stock regulator is 48-55 so if it got tuned at 40psi you are now injecting too much fuel.

Is the factory regulator keeping it at the same pressure or allowing more fuel pressure?

If it's more, I could see the higher negative trims because more pressure means more fuel will be going through the injector when it opens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

AEM was set a 54 psi---supposedly!! Perhaps it was reading 54 at idle, but was actually lower! I have adjusted my LTFT's and now the car starts instantly, where before it took at least 2 to 3 seconds.
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 04-30-2019 at 07:25 AM.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Update to this post. The last few times that I have scanned the car, my fuel trims go lean, 6 to 7 to 8, under medium throttle at about 6500 mhz. I have no KR, but I know running extremely lean can damage the engine. Fuel pressure at idle is 48 psi. Didn't change after installing new pressure regulator. I think my fuel pump is failing to go into high speed mode. Replaced both of the fuel pump relays, no change. Attached a couple of scans. What do you think?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Can't look at your scan right now, but have u checked for any exhaust leaks pre O2 sensor? I had a leak at the crossover and it made me lean up till boost, then it was fine over 7000hz