Thread: 2015 Mustang GT Twin Turbo Tuning

2015 Mustang GT Twin Turbo Tuning

Ok this might seem like a really stupid question but I cant figure it out for the life of me and figure I need to just ask. I am trying to find the main spark and fuel tables on this car and I CAN NOT FIND THEM! I am running DW #78 injectors and have already input all the parameters but I can not figure out where to make fuel adjustments. I have looked everywhere and can not find a base VE or SPARK table anywhere!! I have tons of previous tuning experience with other systems but am new to HP Tuners. If anyone can help id greatly appreciate it thanks!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    the newer ford PCMs are not something easy to jump at, torque based system is not a walk in the park.

your timing tables are borderline and MBT

depending on your cam position which puts you at different mapped point on the S550 you have around 10/12 active tables

your fueling is all MAF based yet with a boost application there will be changes needed to be made to your speed density inferred tables for boost
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

TT is not the best place to start learning Ford's logic...

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    the newer ford PCMs are not something easy to jump at, torque based system is not a walk in the park.

your timing tables are borderline and MBT

depending on your cam position which puts you at different mapped point on the S550 you have around 10/12 active tables

your fueling is all MAF based yet with a boost application there will be changes needed to be made to your speed density inferred tables for boost
    Trust me I had no idea it was so much when I first decided to take on this task. I'm actually very comfortable tuning cars though and have been doing nothing but research since I posted this. Many things are still cloudy but I'm now getting a grasp of how the system works. If you have any beginning articles/videos/documentation anything please feel free to post I've found quite a bit of info here though in this forum.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post the current tune file and I’ll see what you have going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Can you post the current tune file and I?ll see what you have going on?
    Absolutely, but please keep in mind the ONLY thing I have adjusted here is my injector size because it's the only thing i felt 100% confident in. Any suggestions/comments will be greatly appreciated and taken in. I am just trying to get a base that will set me up for proper tuning it seems there are a TON of settings that need to be changed from what I have been reading. Here is the file

DW78Injectors.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I’ll take a look, what is done to the car ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Ok I?ll take a look, what is done to the car ?
    As of right this second its fully stock with a DW 415 LPH fuel pump and mach cat back exhaust. As of next week will be a twin turbo car 7-8 psi with precision 6266's and MAF mounted in 3 inch IC piping right before the TB on #78 DW injectors.
    Last edited by imrex613; 07-19-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imrex613 View Post
    If you have any beginning articles/videos/documentation anything please feel free to post I've found quite a bit of info here though in this forum.
    A couple of threads I found useful:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?54426-Newby
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ity-Calculator
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post509509

Thank you sir will be checking out and going through all of these now! This is really making a lot of sense to me now and it's quickly becoming not as overwhelming as it was at first.

Also, doing some logging today before I switch injectors in a few minutes what do you guys think is most essential for these cars? Currently building my channels but figured I'd ask for extra input.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    DW78Injectors base.hpt

very rough base file so you can get the point...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    DW78Injectors base.hpt

very rough base file so you can get the point...
    I really appreciate this I will be comparing it to mine now