Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very limited power from standstill. 2016 L96/E78 ECM/6L90e in '88 Truck

you need to be logging predicted torque, trans torque, and delivered torque to start.

max torque, peak torque and torque advance were also ones that should be tracked, I thought. Not sure if they are in your scanner though, I use my phone on here. I'm trying to learn what to watch for and what tables to change when one is out of line. So grateful this discussion is taking place.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by La RPM View Post
    you need to be logging predicted torque, trans torque, and delivered torque to start.
    I case you didn't see it, I edited the original post to reflect that the problem was fixed with an old tune but I don't know what parameter was the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbilko View Post
    I case you didn't see it, I edited the original post to reflect that the problem was fixed with an old tune but I don't know what parameter was the culprit.
    In case you didn't understand what I was getting at,

log those PIDs with both files and see if there is any difference

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you made the intake size the same as the factory equipped truck it wouldn't really require any huge changes to the airflow model. Then it would only be a stock engine with some exhaust work.

The more I read about the E78 computer, the more I understand why people hate it and use the earlier E38 computer.
    I learned on E78 ecu running 3 bar, I like it and it?s got some quirks but I find it fairly easy to tune.