Thread: Newbie tuning, stock 02 1500HD lq4 sloppy stage 2 228/230 585/585

Potential Tuner

Newbie tuning, stock 02 1500HD lq4 sloppy stage 2 228/230 585/585

So ive done some research and im hitting my head against the wall Tuning. so im starting from scratch agian with everyones help here. i had a decent tune in it yesterday. it was drivable with no major iissues except 11.2-11.5 afr on heavy throttle. and now today its throwing maf codes, lean codes, misfire codes.

2002 silverado 1500HD, P01, 6.0 228/230 585/585 cam 4l80. everything is bone stock other then cat back exhaust, with 33's.

does anyone have a tune that would work? or how to make a histogram graph to watch maf readings and how to scale the maf?

thanks in advance.

That's not an ideal camshaft for a stock converter but anyway.

I assume you have a wideband based on the AFR talk.

Is the wideband installed pre-cat like it needs to be??

There are plenty of write ups and youtube video's on how to setup the scanner to log for both MAF and VE tuning. Each has to be separate from the other, so if you tried tuning the MAF with the VE active or the VE with the MAF active it will start doing some weird stuff on you. Check on the VCM scanner section for some help and youtube, some guy on here has many video's that should probably help. I just don't remember his name.

And because I like to crush dreams right away, here is a fair warning about your injectors. They are likely too small and you will run out of fuel once you reach wide open throttle tuning, they are barely big enough for a stock 6.0, add a camshaft and you'll be pushing 90-100% duty cycle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.