Thread: Osid strategy code

Tuner in Training

Osid strategy code

is there a way to change this manually? i was thinking it would be nice to rename tunes based on type of fuel or vehicle, or whatever.
    i know sct can change it. so I'm asking can hptuners change OSID/strategy name?

If you did that then you would stop the scanner from being able to log pids that are mapped to that strategy

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    If you did that then you would stop the scanner from being able to log pids that are mapped to that strategy
    well thats kind of why i need to change it, but backwards. i have a tune from a tuner that passed away, and it has a scrambled OSID/strategy. it works perfect but cannot log any PIDS or connect to obd scanners.

Was there ever a solution to this? I'm running into the same issue....
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Was there ever a solution to this? I'm running into the same issue....
    If you know what the correct OS ID is, you can manually enter it in the scanner.

Ah, very nice! That I was not aware, thank you! I do actually know the OEM ID so I will give that a try.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Look for it under Vehicle>Vehicle Profiles>Vehicle Profile Editor. Select your vehicle and enter the correct ID under User OS.

Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    Look for it under Vehicle>Vehicle Profiles>Vehicle Profile Editor. Select your vehicle and enter the correct ID under User OS.
    Will do!

Is there any way to get around this to use the Editor? Being as the OSID is scrambled, I'm assuming the file on there now is protected/proprietary is why the OS is scrambled.

I haven't tried sending anything in to support yet.....but I think that's what they had mentioned once here as well.
    '17 Whipple'd S550

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Will do!

Is there any way to get around this to use the Editor? Being as the OSID is scrambled, I'm assuming the file on there now is protected/proprietary is why the OS is scrambled.

I haven't tried sending anything in to support yet.....but I think that's what they had mentioned once here as well.
    You can try sending the file into support, and they may or may not unscramble it for you. I know some they will unscramble and some they won't according to handshake deals they have with certain tuners.