Thread: Street Tuning wideband question

Street Tuning wideband question

So my question is how many of you pull the downstream o2 and install a wideband to tune with versus using a tailpipe clamp?

The downstream o2 sensor spot can only be used if the vehicle has no cat converters.

All the readings will be skewed if you try to calibrate it at part throttle. When at wide open throttle the gases pass through the converter so fast that it has a minimal chance at changing the readings but often there is still a delay when you do hit the throttle.

If the vehicle is equipped with cats, remove a upstream o2 sensor and put the vehicle into open loop like is required anyway to calibrate with a wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The downstream o2 sensor spot can only be used if the vehicle has no cat converters.

All the readings will be skewed if you try to calibrate it at part throttle. When at wide open throttle the gases pass through the converter so fast that it has a minimal chance at changing the readings but often there is still a delay when you do hit the throttle.

If the vehicle is equipped with cats, remove a upstream o2 sensor and put the vehicle into open loop like is required anyway to calibrate with a wideband.
    Only using the wideband for wot anyway. I was told reading would be .25 to .50 different. The upstream o2 would be fine by me too. Was just wondering generally what the guys without a dyno did when tuning a vehicle at wot.