Thread: Controller unlocker error

Controller unlocker error

I need some advise on what to do next. I've searched and can't seem to find a fix. I also submitted a ticket to the hp tuners site. I have a 2015 chevy 2500 hd 6.0 that I've managed to totally disable. I have the latest suite software on a hp windows 10 laptop. I'm using the mpvi2.

My first time tuning anything with hp tuners. I read the vehicle and saved the file. Made myself a copy and used the tire size editor to adjust for 35" tires. Followed instructions and loaded the file. All went well. It almost corrected the speed. So I decided to add 1/2" diameter to try and get it exact. This time I hit the write button and I forgot to turn the key on. It failed and now I cant write a file. Truck will power on but not start. I get the controller unlocker timed out message. I disconnected the battery and tried again after 20 min. No luck same error. Any help will be appreciated

Did you write entire or write calibration?

And did you leave your interface plugged in the whole time?

The first time which was successful I used "write" the second time I selected write the key was not on, the write attempted and failed because I'm guessing the key was not on and I got an error. What I've learned since this post. I've tried different computers with 4.4.4 same error. An older beta version same error. The vcm will read and write to the tcm. Were there was an option to read and write to ecm before the key not on mistake, there is now no ecm visible or availble to read or write to. Like the vcm doesnt see an ecm.

Potential Tuner
    Im also having the same issue on 2005 silverado 5.3