Thread: ls3 with major cam surge

Tuner in Training

ls3 with major cam surge

can anyone look and see why i am getting horrible cam surge below 2000 rpm. i just bought this car a couple days ago and trying to get it to drive better i have already dropped timing in the lower cells to low 20s and smoothed them into the rest of the chart and it is still surging very bad like when cruising through a parking lot camaro timing.hptcamaro2.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by jseab View Post
    can anyone look and see why i am getting horrible cam surge below 2000 rpm. i just bought this car a couple days ago and trying to get it to drive better i have already dropped timing in the lower cells to low 20s and smoothed them into the rest of the chart and it is still surging very bad like when cruising through a parking lot camaro timing.hptcamaro2.hpl
    First and foremost, get your fueling dialed in. Once you get your MAF recalibrated for your fueling it should tell you a better story. When fueling is off as much as it is the swing of your O2 sensors can make it surge a lot as well.

Do you have the specs on the camshaft itself? Overlap numbers at all?

Tuner in Training
    All I know is it?s a Texas speed stage 3 ls3 cam 232/246 .640 .615 with a 111 lsa

Quote Originally Posted by jseab View Post
    All I know is it?s a Texas speed stage 3 ls3 cam 232/246 .640 .615 with a 111 lsa
    Your Base Airflow, add 5% to the areas affected then blend them into the upper zone slowly. Make sure the numbers always climb from right to left. If one is lower, interpolate it to where it is slightly higher than the previous cell. Add air until it hangs a little when you blip the throttle. You'll know. It will help with the surging. You don't have enough airflow moving to support the cam yet.

Advanced Tuner
    its pig rich, fix that first.

I would re enable the spark smoothing but set all the max min torque delta and bias to 35nm and halve both gain tables